Seasons of the year... =)

Posted: 16 years ago
Hello friends! 😊

Disscussion about the different seasons of the year πŸ˜›

Seasons are weather changes during the year: it consists mainly of changes in the climate – changes in the temperature. While in the southern hemisphere, tropical islands like Mauritius experience only two seasons during the year – summer and winter; other countries in the northern hemisphere is known to have four seasons: summer, winter, autumn and spring.

Winter: - The trees have no leaves on them. The grass is covered with snow. The air is very cold. Have to wear warm clothes. Have to shovel sidewalks and driveways.

Spring: - The trees begin to have buds come out of them. Flowers start to grow. It starts to get warmer outside. Rains a lot. 
Summer: - The grass grows all the time now and needs to be cut. The trees are full of nice leaves. It is very warm outside.

Autumn(fall) : - The leaves on the trees begin to change color and then fall down. It starts to get a little bit cold outside.

- Which season is your favorite and why?
- Do you await a particular season impatiently? πŸ˜› 😳 For example for seasonal fruits…
- Do you practice any seasonal sports like snow skiing?
- Which season do you think is most colourful and gives us very picturesque views of nature?

Regards and have fun,
IF Misc Dev Team πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Well i love sumer the most, as when things look so pretty it makes me smile, and just give a nice happy feeling and everything seems more relaxed.

However i love the romantic feeling of winter, sitting by the windown staring out and watching the snow fall. 😳 Only like winter if i am inside but my fave is summer.

Lol i dont wait 4 any fruit impatiently but love pomegrantes and mango hahaha and they only come in the seasons mostly 😳

Season sports- i gave up long ago but things like athletics i do only in summer 😳

I think all 4 seasons are very beautiful in their own way and show the different variations of winter, 😳

Great discussion btw
samir_soni thumbnail

My favorite season is monsoon. Though there is no such season outside South Asia...I love rain. I love everything rain causes, even mud.

Winter is my second fav. Only days when ice makes everything slippery are dangerous.

Summer offers the most delicious fruits...so yeah sometimes I miss Summer. Now I am counting months for a good watermelon.

Fall must be the most beautiful season....wow the colors. So many shades of red, orange and green...
Summer comes second caz of the aroma of mango flowers. I grew up with a big tree outside my balcony and that I will say is one of the best nature has to offer.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

My favorite season is spring because at that time, it's not too hot nor cold 😳 other than that, I like summer just due to the holidays πŸ˜†

Umm...actually I also like winter, but onlyyyy because of the romantic weather...the rain and snow. Even though it doesn't snow where I live, it's just the feeling of that season that's so amazing 😳

Me not much of a fruit person so I don't really await any season for its particulars πŸ˜† and sports, I think I'm too old for that πŸ˜† ok, maybe not, but not exactly my thing.

Overall, I think every season has something to show us the beauty of nature 😳

Edited by fariha17 - 16 years ago
ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Really nice discussion, Pooja! (=

- Which season is your favorite and why? I absolutly lovee summer! [= Theres the obvious reason, vacation, but other than that, Im a totaly beach and sun person. I would spend all day at the beach and would still wanna go back! (=

- Do you await a particular season impatiently?  
For example for seasonal fruits… Even though my fav season is summer, I always await winter because it gives us a mini vacation we have longed for through the semester. =P

- Do you practice any seasonal sports like snow skiing? Ahh, Skiing is one of my fav. sports. I love the snowy mountains! =P Other than that, I guess swimming in the summer.

- Which season do you think is most colourful and gives us very picturesque views of nature? Fall definatly because all the leaves that fall during the season are soo colorful! =P

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Very nice topic! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

My favorite season has to be spring as all the trees are green and everything is just so perfect including the temperatures etc!!

- Do you await a particular season impatiently? πŸ˜› 😳 For example for seasonal fruits…

Not really... Actually somewhat yeah I love oranges and the best oranges I get are in winter so kind of yeah. Besides I love winter anyways.

No, my favorite ones are Basketball, voleyball, and badminton and I can play them any time of the year in gym.

- Which season do you think is most colourful and gives us very picturesque views of nature?

Of course Spring!! All the lakes are pure blue with running water, all the plants and trees are green, all the trees have all the flowers on them, everything is just the best of nature!

cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.Pooji

Winter bec the cold whether is awesome!😳

I wait for winter.. So dat the heat of karachi will go away.. And ofcourse the seasonal fruits..😳

Umm no..😳

Defintly winter.. Snow-covered mountains, lush green valleys..😳

Nice Topic

-x-Riddles-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
x] Summer...

Can go to the beach, have picnics and just naturally have fun with friends and family =] Depending on where I am at the time, winter can be a blast too! πŸ˜›

- Do you await a particular season impatiently?   For example for seasonal fruits…
=] Well Summer for the beach and winter for the snow... Spring for the rain and otherwise I am crazy about pomegranates, starfruit and 'Jamun'

I play winter netball and winter basketball, plus in summer I do volleyball... and I do swimming all round but summer is most prefered =D

Spring... and winter...
Any season really, depending on how an area is being kept =P
Awes. Topic =]
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Hi,

Nice topic!!!!!!!! great job!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

My Fav Is Spring!!!!!!!!!!!😊

Ok here r my answers=

My Favorite season is ''Spring'' (and summer too, i like summer cuz u knw we can go to the beach and have fun) I like spring because it's fun, we can go swimming, and see the flowers blossom..etc........lozzzzπŸ˜†
- Do you await a particular season impatiently?
πŸ˜› 😳 For example for seasonal fruits…
Yes, i wait for spring impatiently.... cuz u know when there is summer and spring the swimming pools are openπŸ˜†..and ya i wait for some of my fav fruits ''Figs, Strawberries, blue berries, cherries, raspberries, apricots, cantoloupe..etc (yum!)''πŸ˜†....But mostly it's cuz of swimming!πŸ˜‰

Yes, In spring and summer Swimming!!!!!( i love swimming, and i am a good player too.πŸ˜‰)

I think spring is the most colourful season and gives us very picturesque views of nature.it is just so natural!!!!
-Lara😊
Edited by fly2me - 16 years ago
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Very nice topic! πŸ‘

My favorite season summmer and monsoon when its raining.........i love rain..........

- Do you await a particular season impatiently?   For example for seasonal fruits…

Ya.... love mangoes.......hehehe

Not much.... i love my pc and so im on it most of the time.. i swim sometimes

Spring ..... when all the colours are beautiful and eveyrthing is so fresh and sweet... from tress to flowers to lakes etc....... and winter has its own colours too.......brown and gold :))) Edited by Fazila~ - 16 years ago