DOTW - What is your reaction ???

pragalbha thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Hello everyone,

We saw colossal changes in the serial the past 2 weeks!! Changes which were beyond our wildest imaginations!!! I am sure we all have formed different opinions on this, so I want to focus on these changes for our this week's DOTW 😃

1) Do you think changes of this huge magnitude are bad for a serial?

2) Do you think they could have followed with Raj-Sudha love story and still hold people's interest?

3) What would have been your strategy if you were the director of this show?

4) Are you ready to give this new twist / new story, a chance?

Looking forward to hear what you all have to say!!! 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xmanisha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pragalbha

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Hello everyone,

We saw colossal changes in the serial the past 2 weeks!! Changes which were beyond our wildest imaginations!!! I am sure we all have formed different opinions on this, so I want to focus on these changes for our this week's DOTW 😃

---

2) Do you think they could have followed with Raj-Sudha love story and still hold people's interest?
well, it would hold mine interestt.. i love thm together.
and lucky me; in the UK they're still togetherrr 😳😳

anything to rise the TRPs, butt i'd let Sudha & Raj togetherrr 😳

euhm.. yes i am.. butt it isnt going to be the same anymore,
and thats hard to accept, (for me 😳😳)

great dotw 👏

Mehak. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well no this huge magnitude is not bad for some serials.. Because there are some serials where the storyline is really dragging.. So if there was a huge magnitude then the serial might inprove..

No, They really couldn't.. My opinion is that if they stuck with Raj being mad with Sudha and there being a misunderstanding between them it will be like all the other serials and it will just be dragging on and on..

Well i would probably ask some viewers what they think about MAKMGR... And if a lot of ppl say that they like it then i would keep the same storyline for a while longer.. But if a lot of viewers think that the storyline is dragging.. then i would right away make some few changes to the seriall...

Yea.. I actually am.. For the past two weeks.. I haven't been seeing Raj-Sudha love story.. So i have started to adjust to the new twist...

Teesha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great DOTW!

1) It depends on the show...Like for Roshni which is only a few months old, its not good becus it hasnt touched much upon wat the story was suppose to b abt n already is adding such big changes...So for this show, I think the huge magnitude will prove to b bad for the show n its TRP's...

2) Well the track before this new family entering wid Ra/Su/Re/Rh wud have definitely been more entertaining to watch then to c this leap happening...Leaps dont excite many ppl unless the show is very old n to move on leaps r needed but here the track had so much potential...the show cud have moved on minus the leap n still have a good amt of viewership...They cud have brought sum justice to Sudha n given her life sum happiness even if it meant getting married to Rehan...

3) First of all, I wudnt have shown Sudha so weak! n wid the track of Raj suspecting Sudha n throwing her out I wud have proceeded wid Rehan looking for Sudha-finding her n then marrying her...Then wud have taken a leap of abt 1 yr n shown the changes in Sudhas life wid Rehan n the baby n Raj n Rheas life wid Raj regretting his mistakes...I wud have then liked to focus on Rehan persuading Sudha to start singing again now that her delivery is over n done with...etc...(I can actually write a whole script out but anyone reading wud fall asleep 😆 tho I mus say, enjoyed this q out of all the others)

4) I'll give it a chance but I dont think it'll ever b watching Roshni like I use to...cus the characters that stood out for me r all gone minus Sudha...Shes good but the track thats on its way doesnt impress me too much...but lets c how the creatives handle it...

Teesha
niharika03 thumbnail
1) Do you think changes of this huge magnitude are bad for a serial? No. Don't think so.
Yes.
I would have tried somehow to answer those many questions that are open still. And I would have also tried to develop Sudha's character. This protagonist is in a way static. Now, what was the author's intention with it? Many answers are possible.
4) Are you ready to give this new twist / new story, a chance?
I will give a chance to this new twist a chance only if Sudha has stopped crying and started to act in a matured way. The most irritating trait of this serial is that the main protagonist's character is not being developed sufficiently. Ria develops into a proper vamp within no time, but Sudha, her counterpart has been kept too weak for whatever reasons. Ria is a dominating character and Sudha cannot stand anywhere in a comparison with her. Sudha behaves foolishly at times, she acts against herself. (E.g. Calling for help on the murderer's mobile !) Ria has been so strong and dominating that the story has to concentrate now only on Sudha and her baby. If the story is so constructed that Sudha should remain a suffering but sacrificing woman then this would be bad plot in my opinion. (This type of roles are no longer suiting to the spirit of the time. Sudha is young, good hearted, talented. She should be given a chance to develop herself !) Let's see what happens further !

Edited by niharika03 - 16 years ago
CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Awesome discussion Neena 👏

1) Do you think changes of this huge magnitude are bad for a serial?

-The changes that have been done are bad for the serial. They cud have made such a big change in a better way. If they wanted to show Sudha bringing up her child as a single mother, they cud have done that keeping all the earlier characters in tact. We cud have had the chance to see how those characters grew further.. what happened to them etc.. They have cut off the entire characters, storyline, everything.. and started a whole new show where music has no place.

-Yes, def.. they cud have. Raj-Sudha's love story and their chemistry was what kept the show going. Ria's track cud have ended, they cud have brought in another track. They cud have done anything but this.

-This show had so much potential that I don't know where to start, there are so many possibilities. And it was very simple for the directors to keep the show interesting the way it was instead of going off track completely and losing focus. Most of the shows lose focus, but the way MAKMGR has lost it, I dont think any other show has done this bad. I really wish i cud help out the director with the storyline. Its very clear he's in desperate need of help..

-I was completely ready to give the show a chance when they initially started with the 9 month leap. And Raj coming to the temple with Ria, i thought that was going somewhere very interesting and I was looking forward to what will happen next. Then all of a sudden a large Punjabi family pops up out of nowhere leaving us confused with all the members of the family and leaving behind all those characters we were used to and kind of bonded with. They cud have kept a few of the old characters so we cud have managed to understand this huge change in the story. But now with all these new ppl and only Sudha from the older characters, makes it completely messed up.. so no, I cant give it a chance. My brain cant take it
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Great points for discussion Neena.

Yes i would say changes of this type and especially this early are bad for a serial.  This serial was going great, it had a lot of potential and could go many ways, but to bring about such a drastic change i dont think its good.

Yes i am sure Raj / Sudha would have kept viewers happy and interested, they could also have shown more about Raj helping Sudha in her music etc.

Well maybe as in all serials to continue the story further Sudha and Raj needed to be separated, but i would have kept the old characters, taking a 9 month leap was fine and they did it very well.  But i would have seen to it that Rhea was exposed and Raj repents what he did with Sudha.  Rehan / Sudha if they do not marry then atleast they are good friends, Rehan helps Sudha in her music career, maybe at Sudha's launch Raj and Sudha meet again.  etc.

Now with all the old characters gone and getting used to all the new characters it seems i am seeing a new serial altogether. 

Yes for the time being i am willing to see how it goes.  Its said that there will be another leap soon in a couple of months, lets see how it goes.

[/QUOTE]
swethaarun thumbnail

Yes,according to me suddenly huge changes in the serial with so many new characters is really forcing to loose interest.

Yes, Raj-Sudha together looked gr8 with so much understanding between them.

There were so many options: Raj getting to know the plots of Rhea n understanding his mistakes n getting together with Sudha, Sudha struggling hard n being a successful singer, Sudha with the help of Rhean becoming a successful singer.
Dumping in so many new characters in the serial has taken the story completely out of track. Meri Awaaz...does not seem to be a story of the singer anymore.

yes, all i see now is a completely new serial with a mother struggling to be with her daughter..
pragalbha thumbnail
Thanks everyone for appreciating the DOTW topic!!! I loved all your answers. Now to answer my own questions..........

Ans : I think they work both ways, sometimes they are good, sometimes bad!!! It really depends on how much the audience is in love with the current story, the current characters, the current actors etc. And also depends to a large extent on what the changes were. For eg:-replacing a hugely popular actor will never go down well with the audience.

Ans : Yes.......I think taking Raj and Sudha's love story to the next level of them getting married and then following up Sudha's attempt to pursue a singing career would have been a fantastic story.

Ans : If I was the director, I would have continued with what I mentioned above. Most importantly I would have never scraped Raj's character. I mean, he was the life of thiss show. Letting him go was a disastrous decision!

Ans : Yes........I am. Only because I really liked this serial and don't want to give up on it yet and hope that very soon Raj will return to the serial!!!

adusa66 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pragalbha

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Nov 19th - Nov 25th

Yes definately in case of MAKMGR.  It is leading nowhere.  I had great expectations initially but now it is getting boring.  Sometimes I forget that I am watching my favorite show and realize only when Sudha comes on screen that I am watching MAKMGR.

No, with Raj yelling & doubting Sudha it is better off if they are seperated.  But at the same time I would like to see what's going on in Raj's life. 

If Raj has to come back eventually we have to see his story occassionally.  There is some lost connection if they chop characters all together and bring them all of the sudden.  I would want all important characters (eg. Rehaan, Raj's parents) to end in a proper way.

Yes, for a while but I still have some hope that the creatives won't disappoint the viewers.