Some major changes are coming soon

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi friends,

In order to take the forum forward and add new features we will have to fix some old issues too.

a) We will be recoding the member signup process so that its easier for new visitors to become a member of the forum. And they will be sent an introductory mail with all the basic details on how to browse the forum and also our Code of conduct.

b) Validating email accounts of each members. One email can be linked with one member account only. Duplicates email IDs will be removed from the system so that more meaningful usernames are freed for other members to grab.

c) Inactive accounts with Zero posts and who have not returned to the forum will be sent an automated email to reactivate their account in 15 days and after which it will be deactivated and deleted.

d) All the "thank you" or +1 posts will be removed from the system and the Post counts re-adjusted.

e) Introduction of points system for members for helping other members and for contributing towards forum development. More applications will be built with the Points system in mind.

f) Once we are done with the email validation process members will have the choice to recieve alerts when they recieve PMs or replies to their post.

BTW we have fixed the "Online"/"Offline" problem.

UPDATE: November 18th 2007

a) Now PM messages also shows Members Online / Offline status.

b) YouTube feature has been further improved so that it automatically formats the link even if its auto hyperlinked.

Feel free to give your suggestions over here.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*LoVeLy*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
e) Introduction of points system for members for helping other members and for contributing towards forum development. More applications will be built with the Points system in mind.

sorry i couldnt really undestand can u plz tell me something else aboyut it? ๐Ÿ˜Š
FGGfan thumbnail
oo thats awesome .........IF going to ROCKKKKKKKKKK
mellisai thumbnail

eagerly waiting for the changes vijay bro!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~*LoVeLy*~

sorry i couldnt really undestand can u plz tell me something else aboyut it? ๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ˜Š

We are still working on that and will be putting it forward once we come up with the basic draft about the same. But this is to promote valuable & interesting discussions and discourage +1 posts which the members make just to reach different levels. Members will gain more points for posting interesting topics, helping other members, referring to friends and also for visiting the forum regularly.

More details on the same will be posted soon....

Cheers,
Vijay

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
wooww
that is some good news
IF is improving ALOT
๐Ÿ‘ This is for everyone to make this a better plcae
knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Thanks Vijay for the Thank u buttons and also the points system๐Ÿ˜ณ.

But i didnt understand abt +1 posts.... So in a discussion thread or topic, If we post more than once, the system will delete those posts???? Are we restricted to only one time posting in a particular thread??

Thank u and Iam looking forward to CC and Forward option in PM service Vijay. Hope we get that also soon๐Ÿ˜›

Krishi

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: knumnum

Thanks Vijay for the Thank u buttons and also the points system๐Ÿ˜ณ.

But i didnt understand abt +1 posts.... So in a discussion thread or topic, If we post more than once, the system will delete those posts???? Are we restricted to only one time posting in a particular thread??

Thank u and Iam looking forward to CC and Forward option in PM service Vijay. Hope we get that also soon๐Ÿ˜›

Krishi

By +1 posts I mean.

Posts like:

"kewl", "thanks bro", "great", "awesome" and alikes...

-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Thanx Vijay Bhai.

But I had a question, ok, so u know how u said that all the 'Thank You' and +1 posts will not be counted and they will be deducted, so does that mean, that it will happen from that point onwards or does it mean that if we have posted such posts before, Ex. Thanx or Thank You before, will those be deducted too?

Sorry, could u explain that please?

Shifu.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Wow...can not wait for the changes... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thanks for the info Vijay bhai!