Ravee Gupta aka old Damin Article

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Young Ravee's awkward motherly experience

Ravee Gupta aka Kekasi from Ravan has quit the show as she thinks there is no scope left for her role (Ravan's mother).

The young actress, who is busy preparing for the Indian Telly Awards where she is performing solo, shares with us her experience of playing Kekasi for almost a year.
She says, "It's been a pleasure being part of the mythological serial but at the same time I was very nervous to play the role of a mother as I was among the youngest actors in the Ravan camp. Honestly, when I was offered this role I was petrified. Narendra Jha (Ravan) is much older to me in real life but I still gave the nod because the producer of the show is my dad's friend."

Elaborating on her decision to quit, she says, "For almost 2-3 months I didn't have any role as they are solely concentrating on the Ram-Ravan Yudh."

Recollecting her experiences, she says, "It was great fun working with such an experienced star cast. Fortunately there were not many scenes between Narendraji and me. I used to feel a little awkward when he used keep his head on my lap."

Ok, so tell us something about your first Diwali after marriage with actor Manoj Bidwai? "It was quite hectic since it was my first Diwali. I spent all my days giving and receiving gifts from my in-laws so it was quite a delightful celebration."

Quizzed about her upcoming projects, she reveals, "I have got an offer from Ekta Kapoor for her new serial but nothing has been finalized yet."

Ravee, a model turned actress, was also seen as Damini in Kyunki.