Something to be done with Anjali Section

pokkiri26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi guys it me againπŸ˜ƒ

As a member of this Arasi and Anjali Section i have some concerns inparitcular with Anjali serial. There seems to be a course of new threads being introduced all the times. Anjali serial used be allot of fun. It still can be if you have funπŸ˜ƒ. What my concern is that we need to do something about that serial. If you have some great ideas come along and post them her and WE CAN MAKE Anjali serial fun place to visit againπŸ˜›.

So start post your ideas herπŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali_prajin thumbnail
Ok pokkiri payaa we will post the messages here .Thanks for your message to have more concern of this anjali site.Lets make this site more fun .Hope so no more unwanted threads.I agree with u pokkiri.   
Caryn thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjali_prajin

Ok pokkiri payaa we will post the messages here .

Sharan, Pokkiri is not asking you to post messages here.  He is asking the IFians to give ideas on how to improve this thread, so that it can be fun to visit Anjali thread.  Please read carefully.  So if you have any idea (I hope you do), post them here so that viewbies/moderators can consider your ideas too.  So do not post your discussion about Prajin/Mallikka here.  ONLY IDEAS ON HOW TO IMPROVE ANJALI THREAD. Thank you

Thanks for your message to have more concern of this anjali site.Lets make this site more fun .Hope so no more unwanted threads.I agree with u pokkiri. 

Well, we all hoped a lot but nothing happened, and nobody is listening the woes of others.  So some action is needed.

Pokkiri/Meli

My suggestion is ..... when I was in Yahoo group before, you can post a message.  But it won't appear immediately like in IF.  It will go through a moderator/or administrator before it is posted in the site.  I used to hate that, because I felt there was no freedom of speech.  But, then now I understand why.  Whilst it is a good point, the negative point will be there must be a dedicated person to monitor this.  Or anyone who starts new thread must go through viewbies/moderators.  This can be applied to all threads.  The viewbies will then judge if the thread is valid or not.

Then there will be no advertising on how to get rich etc (which is against IF rules) and the member gets banned. 

Edited by Caryn - 16 years ago
anjali_prajin thumbnail
Oh ok caryn agreed with u and pokkiri.
preethi_r thumbnail

Originally posted by: Caryn

Pokkiri/Meli

My suggestion is ..... when I was in Yahoo group before, you can post a message.  But it won't appear immediately like in IF.  It will go through a moderator/or administrator before it is posted in the site.  I used to hate that, because I felt there was no freedom of speech.  But, then now I understand why.  Whilst it is a good point, the negative point will be there must be a dedicated person to monitor this.  Or anyone who starts new thread must go through viewbies/moderators.  This can be applied to all threads.  The viewbies will then judge if the thread is valid or not.

Then there will be no advertising on how to get rich etc (which is against IF rules) and the member gets banned. 

Thats a nice idea, Caryn. If all the messages have to monitored before being posted, then someone or the other have to be monitoring 24/7, which i think will be difficult to do. How abt we use the existing system... The "Report" link is now used only for abusive messages (as per forum rules). If we are permitted to use it to report any "message of concern" to the moderators, then the moderator can warn the respective member and delete the posts now and then. By this, whoever finds any posts to be of irrelevant nature, can report it to the moderator to take action.. By doing this moderator/viewbies need not monitor 24/7 , but can take action on reported messages, when they find time.

I agree with ur suggestion of getting permission before a new thread is opened..

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Caryn and others, I do understand the problems and good idea Caryn. But we cant do that here, its a forum and we cant babysit each of members 24/7 - sorry me but I do have a life, cant hang around IF 24/7 like some others does πŸ˜† , so does other viewbies and mod πŸ˜‰

I think some people claim to understand the rules, but then goes and goes with the old habit - I think the language is a main problem.

Preethi seems to have research around IF, yupe guys..u can use the "report" button and write the problem. 😊 Whenever me or others from dev.team logg into this page, we will check it out.
Caryn thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

Caryn and others, I do understand the problems and good idea Caryn. But we cant do that here, its a forum and we cant babysit each of members 24/7 - sorry me but I do have a life, cant hang around IF 24/7 like some others does πŸ˜† , so does other viewbies and mod πŸ˜‰

I think some people claim to understand the rules, but then goes and goes with the old habit - I think the language is a main problem.

Preethi seems to have research around IF, yupe guys..u can use the "report" button and write the problem. 😊 Whenever me or others from dev.team logg into this page, we will check it out.

Sigh...... too good to be true.  I know you guys are busy as well just like rest of us.  That is why I said, it is the negative point.  Yes, we can use the report button.  But to be honest, I for one don't want a particular member to be banned from the forum.  This is in line with Uma, Roja and me are trying to persuade silent readers to join this forum. 

If silent readers see that members are getting banned, they cannot be persuaded to join the forum.

At the same time, I had enough 😑😑😑 of Prajin fans going beserk in this forum.  The best thing I can do is maybe I avoid this thread for good.

pokkiri26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice idea Crayn akka well thought and said 😊

I dont care but i can be the judge for Arasi section like a viewbie and Moderator. How about that guys do you thing that will work πŸ˜ƒ ??????????????/
Caryn thumbnail
Go ahead bradder! The beauty of Arase is no one goes beserk there.   πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Maybe someone should start and then you be the judge. hehehehe.......... (Oopps..... better not give anyone ideas πŸ˜‰ )