QOTW: “A man must be....

~Anji~ thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello everyone...

Here is our quote for this week

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

What do u guys this about this quote?

Have u every been in a situation where u had to admit to ur mistake(s)??

Anything else u would like to add about this quote?

Pooja & Anji

Misc. Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: ~Anji~

Here is our quote for this week

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

Nice Question You guys😛

Yuups Nice Qoute, and yes very true it takes a great person to admit that 'yes i was wrong, i made a mistake'. Yeah and also true about the rest, gain something from your mistakes, its a learning experience along the way. Be smart enough to learn something from them and not to repeat that mistake and try and correct what you have done wrong.  

I guess one way or another we have all been in this situation, were we have made mistakes and have to admit our judgement was wrong and admit we made  a mistake.

Even a simple discussion with friends where you have a homework Question and all get different answers, you admit ok i made a mistake u guys were right😆

Yeah I think the main thing is Everyone makes mistakes, just learn from them, and try not to repeat it again, as that won't be a mistake that will be deliberate fault.😳 in like BIG situations, where the price to pay is costly.

Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Nice ill add this
that a man should be strong enough to accept his own weaknesses....
Nice quote! I agree with it... I'll say with admitting his mistakes, one shouldn't feel ashamed of apologising for any wrong one has done.

I have been in quite some situations like this. 😆 I don't feel any hesitation admitting my mistakes with strangers but I do feel so defeated when I've made something wrong, and my sisters are bent on making my mum scold me. 😡😆

I, too, think we should always learn from our mistakes and try not to commit them again.
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Very nice and meaningful quote!

Yes, I do believe that admitting to mistakes does not lesses anyone's pride.  In fact, admittance to mistakes is a sign of strength not weakness. Hiding your mistakes is a sign of weakness.

A human has to make mistakes or else we would be angels.  The point is not how many mistakes you make but the real point is what you learn from your mistakes and whether or not you repeat them.

Yes, I have admitted my mistakes before and said sorry too.  I believe that a mistake committed unknowingly should be forgiven because that gives a person scope to grow.  Saying sorry doesn't make anyone less of a person but forgiving others does make you a better person.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I really like this quote and also agree with it.

I have been in a similar situation many times and I never hesitate to admit my faults and rectify them right away because I believe in another quote that states...

"If you're willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit"

Saying sorry should not be humiliating to yourself especially if you learn from your mistake and decide to not repeat it again.

Edited by fariha17 - 16 years ago
really nice topic guys 😊
success comes with experience..and expereince comes from mistakes that we have done 😃so its imp to look at the positive side of it n try to learn something from it..
yes its not easy to admitt ur mistake..but then its not that tough 😉 once we accept it..we feel relaxed

Nice Quote and i should say it is really true...

One should learn from his mistakes. I have been in this situations lots of time and i don't hesitate to accept my mistakes and apologize.. These mistakes are not deliberate therefore not totally your fault but you do learn lesson from them.

When you have realised ur mistakes, u will not make the same mistakes again as u have learn from it. I believe that you grow more experience and learn more from life when u make mistakes. After making a mistakes the next time you will make sure it does not happen again. You always learn something from ur Mistakes!!

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Mistakes happen its natural...,There are no mistakes, only lessons....try to learn from our mistakes and reduce it..I think we should react on others mistakes too...otherwise they will feel they doing the right things. 😳
rajya thumbnail

Originally posted by: fariha17

I really like this quote and also agree with it.

I have been in a similar situation many times and I never hesitate to admit my faults and rectify them right away because I believe in another quote that states...

"If you're willing to admit faults, you have one less fault to admit"

Saying sorry should not be humiliating to yourself especially if you learn from your mistake and decide to not repeat it again.

fariha17 sums it up nicely. Humility and feeling comfortable enough to admit fault is a sign of strength. Those who would see this as a sign of weakness generally have low self esteem and thrive on building themselves up by tearing others down.