anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
It's surprising to see you play the old man in Santaan. Ready for character roles already? (Laughs) Hey, in the initial episodes I'm a young guy. It's only after a few months that I will start to age. It's a role that spans a lifetime. I'd had my fill of candy floss and was beginning to feel typecast. That's why I grabbed Santaan which has a more perform- ance-oriented character. The story is about the generation gap between parents and their grow- ing children, seen through the eyes of my character. You rarely get a chance to play a role like this on tel- evision. It's a story that you see unfold in almost every other home. That's right, particularly in middle and lower middle-class homes since this patriarch is a Gandhian. He's struggled to make a living but never compromised on his principles. Only to have his children question him on his stillborn journey later. It's a show with great connectivity. You're no longer seen in Parrivar? Oh, that role has ended for me. There were date issues. Date issues? Well yes, I'm juggling three shows. There's Raavan in which I play Ram. That goes off air in a month's time, but immediately after I start anoth- er show on Zee. Hum Tum, being pro- duced by Milind Soman, is set in the film industry. I'm not the hero, but it's a noticeable character. I love the fact that I can experi- ment with so many different roles on television. The only thing is that you have to sacrifice on your sleep because you're working crazy hours. You've not been seen in any Balaji shows after Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. Any prob- lem on that front? Only one.. money Balaji being in the . position it is in today, doesn't feel the need to pay the actors initially That's . why I didn't last long in Kahaani… Also, Balaji shows are all gloss. If you're looking for something with more substance, you have to look elsewhere. I didn't want to stagnate. Now that you're doing TV 24x 7 is it bye bye to films? I did about eight films. Some didn't work and some never made it to the theatres. Even though they were off- beat stuff I wish they had at least been released. I'm really disappoint- ed about Do Aur Do Paanch. It starred Salman Khan! Why are these films stuck? No buyers? (Shrugs) Who knows? I'm not the kind of guy who calls and keeps tabs. Some of the producers told me their side of the story. It made perfect sense. (Sighs) The only thing to do is immerse yourself in work because if you sit around thinking about what could have happened and didn't, you'd feel more frustrated.

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks hun ....
but I didn't like his comment on parivaar...
but gladd he will be back on zee....
Ruhin07 thumbnail
So Shourya's character has ended.

I'm looking forward to enjoy the serial with Addy & Radha in Parivaar.
I'm confident , it will rock. 😃
*saakshi_fan* thumbnail
interesting
i watch santaan...cause diwaker's there and it seems like an interesiting character!

thanks lots for the article!
l0vey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shali

thanks hun ....
but I didn't like his comment on parivaar...
but gladd he will be back on zee....

me neither. i was soo glad he answered the question. and really glad the question was asked because i keep going crazy.. thinking he will be back!!! but that really like broke my heart seeing that. its true, the way he said it .. "oh, thats over" seems like he was never into it. which is true.. he wasnt like the main character/actor in the show. but he was getting there!!! its all about the money though. who wouldnt want to switch roles if it pays more. and at the same time, how can you stop doing the "sexy guy" role in shows? who cares if he is STARTING to grow old.. he isnt there yet. what was he thinking?.. i blame balaji!!! that really puts a bad name on him.

omg .. i am so depressed after hearing this. after all our assumptions on how when radha & addy get married.. shourya will come back to "Save the day" has come to and end! so what is in store for our radha now? will she actually marry addy?? and will the shergill family be leaving the show soon too?? 😭

thanks for posting this up though

so not cool!!!

Edited by xl0ve - 16 years ago
aasighazi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think perhaps they will bring another Shourya since the face was burned but it wasn't for sure if that was really him or not (other then the coat and the ring). They could bring someone in later saying he had surgery done on his face.
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
the character could be back with another actor...u nver know with these script writers ....i wish he continued in parivaar
Tomiko thumbnail

I actually like his answers.....he's down to earth and doesn't mince his words - says them straight to the point.

So no more Diwakar in PKKP......There's still hope for Shourya though!😃

eran thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i can't beleive he's gone, why?
zee is better why leave!!!
LAVANYA 24 thumbnail
He left because he signed for a short role.That short role could have gone to someone else, but Diwakar bagged the role.He's in star plus, enjoy him there.He is playing Ram in Raavan.Enjoy him there.Don't cry sweetoo.