Shame on Indian media!

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
This year India has been hit by one of the worst floods in history, from north to south and east to west. I am not sure how they covered these flood situations in India, but what we get to watch or read is about England test, 20/20, "Mahi the new captain",(Cricket is always the top story on ZEE news) "Nuclear deal with US", "Ramsetu", etc. Their priority is  only to publicize the sensational and controversial news. How could they turn their face from those who need the coverage? Imagine something like this happening in a western country, media will be 24/7 on it's service. Even after 2 yrs US media still talk about "Katrina" and the people's plight. Indian media has again proved "A poor Indian's life is a cheap one and can be wasted." It's a sure sign of inhumanness, shame on them for showing such negligence. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
you said it! I agree.
Life doesn't appear to have much value unless it is of a celebrity.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

you said it! I agree.
Life doesn't appear to have much value unless it is of a celebrity.

Agree... but people too want to know abt the celebs...

If in Star News it is showing about how sanju baba or Salman Khan stayed in jail or details abt Mallika Sherawat's age and on other hand Zee news showing the advantages and dis-advantages if Nuclear deal happen...

Then you only decide what people will hook to? 

They dont feel to see the news about common people.....they dont realize unless things happen in there own life.

sohn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: guess_gallery

Agree... but people too want to know abt the celebs...

If in Star News it is showing about how sanju baba or Salman Khan stayed in jail or details abt Mallika Sherawat's age and on other hand Zee news showing the advantages and dis-advantages if Nuclear deal happen...

Then you only decide what people will hook to? 

They dont feel to see the news about common people.....they dont realize unless things happen in there own life.

Kinda agree with you and Subha Di as well.

This Star News channel is a total nautanki channel! I cannot believe the news they come up with, I dont think we ever stay on it for more then 1 minute cus its all about Soaps, Celebrities and weird news around the country which at times just makes you wonder, what the heck is going on with these people, are they selling whatever they want or wish to or are they selling all this cus people really wanna watch this?! πŸ€”
Edited by sohn - 16 years ago
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

This year India has been hit by one of the worst floods in history, from north to south and east to west. I am not sure how they covered these flood situations in India, but what we get to watch or read is about England test, 20/20, "Mahi the new captain",(Cricket is always the top story on ZEE news) "Nuclear deal with US", "Ramsetu", etc. Their priority is  only to publicize the sensational and controversial news. How could they turn their face from those who need the coverage? Imagine something like this happening in a western country, media will be 24/7 on it's service. Even after 2 yrs US media still talk about "Katrina" and the people's plight. Indian media has again proved "A poor Indian's life is a cheap one and can be wasted." It's a sure sign of inhumanness, shame on them for showing such negligence. 

Is it just media or us?πŸ˜ƒ... Don't we abet the Media by watching those channels? Aren'twe responsible for TRPs of these channels? Media will cater to what you want to watch. Blame ourselves.πŸ˜‰ 

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ek dum local news dheekna hey thoo IndiaTv dheekna.... πŸ˜‰   πŸ˜Š
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Yesterday I opened a news channel (don't remember which one), and saw the TV guys interviewing someone. It took a li'l time for me to realise that it was M.S. Dhoni's dudhwala, and at the bottom they were showing 'dudh ka kamaal'.

When the media starts interviewing even the milkmen of celebrities, there is not much I expect from them in respect of serious reporting.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: souro

Yesterday I opened a news channel (don't remember which one), and saw the TV guys interviewing someone. It took a li'l time for me to realise that it was M.S. Dhoni's dudhwala, and at the bottom they were showing 'dudh ka kamaal'.

When the media starts interviewing even the milkmen of celebrities, there is not much I expect from them in respect of serious reporting.

lol πŸ˜†yaa he drink 6ltr milk n other matter naaa......πŸ˜†same tv channel i mention above...πŸ˜•

Edited by Believe - 16 years ago
kabhi_21 thumbnail
now u bet why i watch the zee tv serials preferrred to news channel 😭
and to counter that..... why am I on net prefered to watching TV πŸ˜†
Pradarshak thumbnail
We want to see the real India, not the nautanki. Yes I agree people are at times frivolous and take interest in gossips and controversies. But is it not the duty of a journalist to give the real picture of our society. Why indulge/spoon feed something which does no good to the society? Society is not just about a celebrity and the life around, it's also about common people. Almost everything they copy from others, but here they don't seem to have same school of thought.

They try to be so creative in naming the topics and comments, yesterday they showed Chappel ariving in India saying some urdhu used for the kings " ...........hoshiar, Chappel padhar rahe hain." So stupid. Every time I watch Zee News they always start with cricket and it's politics(does not matter whether India playing or not). Be sensible, how can entertainment be the top story of the day(except some world record/achievement or somebody's death).