Vijay gets Doctorate....

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
Vijay gets Doctorate
By Moviebuzz | Sunday, 12 August , 2007, 12:07
'Ilayathalapathy' Vijay has been conferred a Doctorate by the Chancellor, the Board of Management and the Academic Council of Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute (Dr. M.G.R University). Vijay will be conferred with the Degree of at the ensuing convocation of M.G.R University to be held on 27th August 2007. The noted scientist Padmabushan Dr. Madhavan Nair, Chairman, ISRO will be the Chief Guest at the function. This recognition by M.G.R. University and their Board of Management is to honour Vijay's spectacular achievement in the movie industry and rising to glorious heights at such a young age. The University also strongly feels that Vijay has contributed immensely to the cause of the poor and downtrodden through social welfare activities with support from his beloved fans. In an quick chat to Moviebuzz, the youngest actor in the world ever to be conferred with a Doctorate speaks: What did you feel when you first heard the news?
(Laughs) I thought that someone was pulling a fast one on me and told the person to stop joking. Later when the news was confirmed, I felt extremely touched and happy. Why did you feel that someone was joking?
See first and foremost, I don't feel that I have done something great to get a doctorate. What ever little social work and help that I have done to the needy and my fellowmen was out of my sincere passion to help them. And all this getting noticed by the board and conferring a doctorate on me brings joy and great happiness. And when is the function going to be?
It will be conferred to me on Monday, August 27. And I am very happy and thrilled that Dr Madhavan Nair one of the finest scientists in India will be the chief guest.

If we were to say that it is this humble nature and modesty that makes you different from others...?
Smiles

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usha_pooja thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thx buddy for sharing the news.
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks for the info Meli.

Am not happy that he is conferred with Doctorate from such prestigous University? For what?   πŸ˜‘ 😑 😑
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Doctorate? for crap acting is it?
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: ditty

Doctorate? for crap acting is it?

good one DittyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

he doesnt deserve that, he always play the same thing over and over....πŸ˜•

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
doctorates are being handed out like nobody's business these days... πŸ˜‰
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

doctorates are being handed out like nobody's
business these days... πŸ˜‰

Exactly my sentiments!!! I would hide my PG certificate from
my own eyes - if he chooses to use the TITLE!!!!!!
Edited by rojapoooo - 16 years ago
rimasen thumbnail
I wish I could get a doctorate that easily. People are working so hard to get a doctorate, and this guy cooly walks away with one.
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rimasen

I wish I could get a doctorate that easily. People are working so hard to get a doctorate, and this guy cooly walks away with one.

Exactly! People are researching their whole time, devoting a lot of time into their work, and her this guy got it for moving his legs and dancing as if he's a centipede!And he's the one who is being called the 'ilayadalapathy"!

Hosanna thumbnail

If they must confer something why not any title more suitable for his artistic whatever???
Must it be a doctorate??
Shame on the guys who receive it too!!

The same goes for other degrees that can be bought in the flea market!!!

Roja do you have anything in your Ammu Corner to shoot these fellows???
BTW what is a PG cert, Roja??

Edited by Hosanna - 16 years ago