Salil Ankola Articles

iss3 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Tellywood's  cricket fanatics

We at Tellychakkar caught up with few cricket fanatics in Tellywood and asked them about India's chances in this test series against England.

Salil Ankola. Injury cut short the career of this talented cricketer. Since then, Salil has switched to acting and has excelled in his new profession. However, his heart still beats for India when he talks about our team's prospects in England.

Can India beat England in the test series? Yes. I'm confident that trio of Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid will do really well. We also have the right bowlers in Sreesanth and Zaheer. Plus, we don't have Greg Chappell. So, I'm pretty confident that we'll win this time.

Are you happy with the squad chosen? Ours is a country of one billion people and the selectors have to pick a squad of only 15. So, you can never make everyone happy. Though, I feel Pathan would have been a good choice. From what I've heard, he's been bowling well in the nets. His bowling would have been more than handful in English conditions. Apart from him, I don't think anyone should feel left out.

What will be your ideal combination? In England, conditions differ from venue to venue. However, with the kind of batsmen at our disposal, we should boost our bowling. Play six batsman and five bowlers. Drop Laxman or Dhoni. If Laxman's ready to open then drop the latter. My three seamers would be Zaheer, Sreesanth, and RP.Singh. Both Kumble and Powar should play.

Strategy for success: At Lord's, 'Win the toss and bowl'. The wicket does something in the first two days. Thereafter it becomes good for batting. The other venues, Nottingham and Oval are batter's paradise. So, it wouldn't matter whether you bat first or second. Above all, let Sreesanth be Sreesanth.

Your Indian player of the series: It has to be Sachin. He's in great form and I expect him to score at least two hundreds in the series.

Biggest threat to India: Monty Panesar. He's simply an outstanding bowler. Indian batsman should guard going defensive against him.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Suhaan thumbnail
he should quit actin and be a cricketer cuz his actin sucks i never see him on the show his role has no importance ahah sorry too offend anyone :)
.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i tinkz hez alrite wel aftr al his nt realy main in kaa. i tink hez doin alrite n tankz 4 sharin mwah babigurl_jiyaxx
Pasha84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks i know that he was a crikiter aslo but left it behind few yrs ago
tanks