"Appearances are often deceptive"

Posted: 16 years ago
Hi friends! 😃
This time, we have a proverb to ponder on...

"Appearances are often deceptive."

You must have surely listened to this proverb before.

- What do you think about this proverb? Do you think it is true?
- Have you ever had any wrong opinion of someone, basing on his appearance?
- If so, how did your misconception clear?
-Any other comments about appearances? 😳

Keep smiling,
Misc Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indian1002 thumbnail

- What do you think about this proverb? yeahh i do agree with this!
Do you think it is true? yep
- Have you ever had any wrong opinion of someone, basing on his appearance? yes i think everyone does,i would say oh i would never be friends with that person..and next thing you know we are best buddies!!
- If so, how did your misconception clear? i threw away all my bad thoughts and said,let me give this person a try first before i jump to conclusions
-Any other comments about appearances?
yes dont judge a book by its cover.that person could end up being your best friend,boyfriend,girlfriend,anything,just give everyone a chance and dont leave anyone out
Devilzangel thumbnail

- What do you think about this proverb? Do you think it is true? : yes I agree with this quote. This quote reminds me of the book Macbeth and Hamlet by shakepeare.
- Have you ever had any wrong opinion of someone, basing on his appearance? Yes, my best frnd...I thought that she was the best person and best frnd a person can ever get....she gives others her opinions but she never followed it herself. she was backstabing from behind about me. My worst experience with frnds....😭
- If so, how did your misconception clear? I just happen to found out some of the things
-Any other comments about appearances? nope

Devilzangel

anju101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
What do you think about this proverb? Do you think it is true?

I think that this proverb is true for sure...you never know if a person is good or bad until you get to know them better.

- Have you ever had any wrong opinion of someone, basing on his appearance?

yeah i've had a lot of wrong opinions about people based on their appearance but sometimes i was right as well.

- If so, how did your misconception clear?

my misconception was cleared when i got to know the person better.

-Any other comments about appearances?

I would just say that even appearances can be deceptive, people should hold their judgments till later.
-dramaholic- thumbnail
hmmm im confused..duno relly
cuteangel.6788 thumbnail
i think its true....i do agree w/ some people about how they said that they can never be freinds w/ someone and suddenly they r best friends...thats a very common example...and it goes with life in general...people living in big mansions look happy, but are they eally happy? there can be many such incidents
dannyboy1 thumbnail
njaa sceptical..    ðŸ˜•