Friendship? Animals perhaps know better!

tanveer.indian thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

LUCKNOW: Friendship? Animals perhaps know better! 5 Aug 2007

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Friendship_Animals _perhaps_know_better/articleshow/2256443.cms

LUCKNOW: Friends lend colour to each other's joys and sorrows, levelling all social discretions of caste and creed. Friends are God's surrogates, caring and loving in a way only parents can surpass.

While friendship day becomes and occasion of great celebration in the human world, people tend to forget that animals, are often the 'best' friends in a person's life.

They ask no questions, they only dedicate themselves to loyalty and love. Visit the city zoo this friendship day. Meet Sumit, a 40-year old elephant and his 50-year old mahaout-friend Kishen.

When Kishen walked down the railway track opposite Sumit's enclosure, he started swinging his trunk in excitement. "Kaisa hai tu..ha?" asked Kishen patting his back.

The animal saluted his friend trunk-up, telling he was fine. Kishen asked "Khana khayega??" and Sumit shook his head and blew its trumpet crying with authority 'yes I am hungry'.

The conversation went on till Sumit's stomach was full. "I have known him for past 25 years. He reacts to my commands as well as a human friend....I have a command for most of his activities.

I understand his moods, likes and dislikes," he admitted. For Munnu the sloth bear, his caretaker Safir is the alter-ego. Even before Safir opens the entrance of his enclosure, Munnu gets astir.

'Munnu' calls Safir and the bear starts honking with elation. Munnu stands on his hind limbs and extends his arm through the bars of the cell.

Regards,
TanveerπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prithvi lover thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
weird but really cute!
thnx! πŸ˜†