The Grand Coup: Gajendra Singh to rope in

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

The Grand Coup: Gajendra Singh to rope in Lata Mangeshkar for Voice of India

By Subhash K Jha

If the rival show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa on Zee thought it had worked out a master-blaster of a plan by getting Asha Bhosle on the show, then they've a shock awaiting them around corner.

For the grand finale of Voice Of India, Gajendra Singh has finally convinced the Nightingale Lataji to preside as the chief guest and super-judge.

Though the deal is at the moment, extremely hush-hush, the reluctant diva has been convinced through her sister Usha Mangeshkar.

Says a source from Voice Of India, "Lataji has always been shy of going on television. In fact she had completely turned down Gajendra Singh every time he had approached her when he was doing Zee's show.

What tilted the scales in Gajendra Singh's favour was sister Asha Bhosle's appearance on Sa Re Ga Ma. Lata Didi's family has convinced her it's fine for her to be on the rival show. Besides Lata Didi is very fond of new musical talent.

She has encouraged everyone from composers Laxmikant-Pyarelal to her latest protge Mayuresh Pai, singers like Suresh Wadekar, Anuradha Paudwal,Alka Sunidhi and Shreya. In fact Lataji is very impressed by the young singing prodigies on The Voice Of India"

Though no money has been discussed, apparently a handsome donation will be made to Lataji's hospital in Pune.

This would be Lataji's first tv appearance since the music talent show Meri Awaaz Suno on Star Plus which she had co-produced.

Says Gajendra Singh, "I can't deny the fact that Lataji has agreed to be on our show. But it's too early to talk about it. "

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=16058

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow ! That's nice !

I remember Lata judging Meri Awaaz Suno which Sunidhi had won....she had commented that Sunidhi would one day go very far......she was right.

I hope this time too she finds someone as good...
smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
similar article was posted long time back too, but after that Lataji denied any such thing... also shaan had been hiniting at this sometime back, but suddenly has forgotten all about it 😕 don know if it is finalised yet or not...
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Unless Lata herself makes the statement I am not going to believe what Gajji says. 😆

Zee and Gajji to show each other up are making lot of such statements. Better to hear from the nightingale herself first.

anonmember thumbnail
Lata ji denied it in a recent article so I'm not sure if she will really judge the show or not. 😕

Thanks for sharing.