Onscreen/Offscreen- Roshni Chopra

Sanjana4U thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
On-screen/ Off screen: Roshni Chopra

Roshni Chopra, popularly known as Pia of 'Kasamh Se' on Zee has had a transformation in her character on the show. We find out how different she is in real life from her character.

ON-SCREEN Character: Pia Dixit- Walia

Pia Walia was Pia Dixit in the initial period of serial, when she was a positive character married to Pushkar (Naman Shaw). But later her love for Pushkar wilts and she falls for Mr Walia. Now she wants to wrench Bani away from the Walia family, and wants her dead. She even covets her children, and pretends to be pregnant with Mr Walia's child. She is successful in separating Bani from Jai Walia.

OFF SCREEN: Roshni Chopra

We spoke to her husband Siddharth Chopra, who said his wife was as far removed from her character as could be. "Roshni is completely different from Pia Dixit-Walia. Pia is a typical Punjaban kudi which knows the rituals of Karva Chauth!" said Siddharth, "Roshni is a romantic at heart. Pia is passionate but wants her love -- Mr Walia -- in the wrong manner."

"Roshni has lots of patience: she waited for me for six years!" said Siddharth.

Asked if he liked his wife in the role of wicked Pia, he said:"As an actor I really appreciate her talent. And the fact that she was able to land such a big role from a good production house."

And did he criticize her character? "If I want to tease her I usually say to her: 'You have been very bad to Bani today.' It's just our masti!"

Siddharth said that the character of Pia had "become so famous among Punjabi NRIs that when we go to London or the US, people at the airport call her Pia and not Roshni."

Asked to define his wife's five major traits, Siddharth chose: Possessive, determined, romantic, caring and family-oriented.

• Dhanashri Kulkarni
  • Wednesday, July 11, 2007
  •  

source: http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/July/News_ 20070711_123

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TINK thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
    ....awwww...thats sweet 😳 😆 ...they make a great couple 👏 😃 ....like the way he teases her 😆 😉 ...hehe...

athanx for the info jaan 😊 ..
    swatinarang thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
    thanks for sharing

even her real husband is not sure whether roshni is playing the role of pia walia or dixit 😆 , i think he should be aware of fact that she is pia dixit and not walia 😉 and pia is suffering from OCD of calling herself Mrs walia. 😆

swati

InduD thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sanjana4U

Pia Walia was Pia Dixit in the initial period of serial, when she was a positive character married to Pushkar (Naman Shaw). But later her love for Pushkar wilts and she falls for Mr Walia. Now she wants to wrench Bani away from the Walia family, and wants her dead. She even covets her children, and pretends to be pregnant with Mr Walia's child. She is successful in separating Bani from Jai Walia.

now what does this mean?🤔😕
    Henna 786 thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Je_aime

now what does this mean?🤔😕

Ditto i was about ti highglight the same thing 😆

hmm what does that mean.. pretends.. so she isnt a mother then or its a typo?

Henna x

judi thumbnail
    Thanks i think we needed this just to remind us that pia is just acting her role on KS and she's not like that in really life.
    Hkaurk22 thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
    LOL her married name isnt Chopra!! Thats her maiden name! They made him Mr. Roshni Chopra!!   😆 Her married name is Anand! Can I seriously work as a fact checker?!?!
    Becca1610 thumbnail
    I do not know people standing at the airport to welcome Pia or it is allowed to do so (if it is a talent visit, then I can understand.
    memsaab thumbnail
    I think Pia LEARNED to be Walia from Jigyasa Auntie.. who calls herself and her children Walia.. 😆

confused people.. apna surname bhi nahi jaante 😆 😆 😆