Salil Ankola --Down Taj Lane-Article

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Anoop Soni My earliest memories of the Taj were during my school days in Del- hi. I would participate in many inter-school competitions.. most of which took place in Agra. So, I'd go there frequently, and spend hours admiring the Taj. As an Indian, I'm proud that the Taj has found mention in the Seven Wonders of the World. I don't think it's a marketing gimmick. The Taj is never short of visitors from all across the world. Obviously, there are other his- torical monuments in India, which I'm equally proud of.. but frankly, nothing compares to the Taj. Salil Ankola I have visited the Taj several times.. I highly appreciate the way it has been constructed without much structur- al support. It's very enchanting, I love the vibes there. I cast my vote for the Taj.. I think it's a proud moment for any Indian. Manish Goyal My wife (Poonam Narula) and I sent dozens of votes in support of Taj. Now, that it has finally won a place in the New Seven Wonders' list, we are in a mood to celebrate. It's unfortunate that I haven't visited the monument ever. I plan to do that right away. All those who pushed for the Taj need to take a bow. While the Taj is out of this world, I've always been impressed by the Qutab Minar and the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Achint Kaur We all expected the Taj to win but honestly I'm not entirely excited that the Taj is among the new Seven Wonders. By saying that, I become no less an Indian. But just look at the condition of the Taj.. the marble is getting affected by pollution. Even though we know it's badly maintained, what are we doing about it? Ravi Kissen I am a lover of love.. naturally, I'm a lover of the pyaar ki nishani.. Taj. I campaigned for it and requested people to vote for it. I have visited the Taj Mahal so many times and yet I feel like going back there again.

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanks dii for the article... i am reallii happii it won..

Sahil looks fab in the foto!!

👏
*Spandana* thumbnail
i agree with what achint said...we should take care of Taj....😳
it made us proud...😛😃
tfs anishma

amu~
zara2801 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks a lot..three cheers for the taj mahal! 👏