Aditya Dutt won't repeat Himesh-article

niti_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Aashiq Banaya Aapne maker won't repeat Himesh

Aditya Dutt has decided not to rope in Himesh Reshammiya for a third time and has instead signed Anu Malik for his next, Good Luck. Himesh had only been a composer before Aditya's Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005) happened. He turned singer on Aditya's encouragement and sang the title number of the film which went on to become a super hit and kick started Himesh's nasal singing career.

An industry insider tells us, "The Aditya – Himesh jodi had delivered two back to back super hit albums with Aashiq Banaya Aapne and Dil Diya Hai (2006). Though both these films were box office duds, their music remained on the top of the charts for months. When Aditya was gearing up for his third film, Good Luck, industrywalas were sure that they would go in for a hat-trick. But nothing of that sort happened as Himesh chose to ignore Aditya and preferred to concentrate on his acting career. Aditya was hurt but without being vocal about it, he chose to hit back by signing Himesh's rival Anu Malik."

The grand son of legendary Bollywood lyricist Anand Bakshi, Aditya told us, "When I was starting work on my film, Himesh was busy planning his acting career. He had no time to give for my film. I could have still managed to get him but I was sure it would have been a half hearted attempt on his part. I did not want my musician to come at the recordings thinking about his own film."

Underplaying the rift part, Aditya said, "It was a mutual decision. Who knows we might work again sometime in the future." He went on to add, "Anu Malik has been at his musical best films in recent times with films like Main Hoon Na and Jaan-E-Mann. He is almost an industry veteran and I am confident that he can understand my taste as well. From what music sittings we have had till now, I am pretty much impressed by his melodious tunes. My film has five tracks and all of them have almost been finalised."

A friend of Himesh told us, "Himesh returned the signing amounts of over 16 producers, including few very big names to concentrate on his acting debut. Aditya is no special exception."
source:indya.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rocker1 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Chalo I hope now that he's done with the movie, he has more time to spare for music and gives some more chartbusters. But at least we got to hear some really nice music in his own movie. Edited by shadyhtown - 16 years ago