Ismail Darbar: The modern day Kumbhkaran

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Ismail Darbar: The modern day Kumbhkaran

Ismail Darbar, one of the mentors of Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007, has made a bad name for himself because of his annoying sleeping habits.

A source from the channel gave some interesting inside information about the music director. "Once we had gone to Delhi for an interview. We were getting late but Ismail was busy sleeping. It was very difficult for us to manage that interview as he got up in the noon and we were late by half an hour."

The source adds, "His sleeping habits are a real headache for us because he doses off anytime he feels like. In the evening, he sleeps around 7 and everyone gets tensed. He is definitely the new age Kumbhkaran."

Apart from sleeping, Ismail is also known for his rude comments on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. He badly insulted one of the contestants Brijesh Singh, who was from Gorakhpur saying jao aur vada pav ki dukan kholo. He was eliminated in that round. Ismail also insulted music legend Khayyam during one of the episodes.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apparaohoare thumbnail
Bekaar admi soyega nehi to time pass kaise hoga?
😆
N Sinha thumbnail
I think he suffers from obstructive sleep apnea which is characterised by day time somnolence...
*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kitane saal se Ismail bhai ko koi film nahi mil rahi hai..Isiliye humein "woh kisna hai.." baar baar sunana padata hai....soneki adaat padegi nahi to kya?

Shukar hai Zee ka ki Ismail bhai to kuchh to kaam mila. Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago
simtara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😆 Aaj tak set pe nahi soya hai... now that would be prime time entertainment! 😉 😆

"doses off anytime he feels like" ... Well, this case of hypersomnia explains his often disgruntled comments and limited body of work. 😕 😛
Knicks420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
kumbhkaran uthjaa aur kaam kar 😆
rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: simtara

😆 Aaj tak set pe nahi soya hai... now that would be prime time entertainment! 😉 😆

😆😆 Simi, now that would be interesting. I only hope no contestant chooses to sing the song 'Main gaoon, tum so jaao'. Pata chala Ismail bhai ne literally le liya. 😉

Edited by shadyhtown - 16 years ago
sibal52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: N Sinha

I think he suffers from obstructive sleep apnea which is characterised by day time somnolence...

Dr. Nisha made a correct diagnoses - add Border Line Personality Disorder to this !!!!
simtara thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

😆😆 Simi, now that would be interesting. I only hope no contestant chooses to sing the song 'Main gaoon, tum so jaao'. Pata chala Ismail bhai ne literally le liya. 😉

😆 As long as there's no lori round we should be fine... I cannot be held accountable for this concept if Zee chooses to use it in order to increase ratings. 😉

live_life thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lolz u guys 😆
i wonder wat he does @ night if all he does in day is sleepin 😆