Posted: 16 years ago
Hey friends! πŸ˜› 😊

Everyone has played with toys in their childhood... πŸ˜‰

As a baby is born, he is given toys to play with. As a child, our parents have given us many educational toys to help us learn a skill.

Everyone has got their favourite toy and perhaps even after growing up, we might remain attached to that toy. I am attached to my stuffy bear in the form of a lion. 😳 Others might be attached to their dolls, guns, kitchen sets or balls.

Toys may have influenced many lives in a huge way. For example, children playing with medical sets may motivate them to become doctors; others loving the guns and handcuffs may want to become policemen or..... Can u notice the contradiction here?

1. So tell us about the toys you have had and your favourite one.
2. Do you think toys, being used as educational tools usually work as expected? Do children actually learn from educational toys?
3. Do you think toys can have a bad effect on children?

The above questions need not neccesarily be answered; just to get the ideas flowing 😳 ... Basically, we are discussing about toys in this thread.

Regards,
Pooja
IF Misc Dev Team 😊

Edited by Pooja0019 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I've had many toys in my childhood: balls, kitchen sets, Barbie dolls, stuffy bears, guns, aeroplanes and robots. My favorite toy however always remained my lion bear πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

2. Do you think toys, being used as educational tools usually work as expected? Do children actually learn from educational toys?
I think that children do actually learn from educational toys... It is a really effective method of learning and I, myself have enjoyed much learning maths and all through toys 😳

Sometimes it can... But most of the times toys are harmless?! πŸ˜•

Originally posted by: Pooja0019

As a child I liked to play with guns,remote controlled jeeps and planes ( I am a girl though πŸ˜† ).My granny had bought me an almost life size doll ( so that I wld be interested in girly things too πŸ˜› ) and the girl who lived nearby us owned a pink teddy bear...she used to play with mine and I used to play with hers and lol the biggest fun is we ask what happened to the doll even today πŸ˜†

Of course they do a great job..I still preserve my mathematical toy and use my skill developing one once in a way.

I don't think there is anything wrong in that.It helps the child to percieve things around him more easily...

Nice topic Pooja πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by *Jr.Nancy_drew* - 16 years ago
Asha004 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

1.)So tell us about the toys you have had and your favorite one?Well,when I was around four or five my sisters would always be playing w/ Barbie dollsπŸ˜†,but you wanna know what I would be playing w/?Boyz cars....the remote control ones,the hand controlled one...every type of car was a major interest to meπŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
2. Do you think toys, being used as educational tools usually work as expected? Do children actually learn from educational toys?Sure...if the toy cars are used  in the right,"educational" way....then it can affect a child's brain positively when he/she grows upπŸ˜‰
3. Do you think toys can have a bad effect on children?Yes....especially the 'violent' kind..which usually have more of an affect on boyz rather than girlz....from these toyz,children can become a whole lot more violent in their actions and thinking methods

Edited by Asha004 - 16 years ago
Miss Candy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I'd lots!! Dolls, cars, horses, ironing set, blocks, balls, toy guns, dollhouses, legos, stuffed animals like cats, dogs and teddies. I too had mini kitchens and living rooms. So many but my fav was a teddy bear that my dada got for me. I miss it still.😭

Yes. They help with social skills and communication skills and teach little things like colors, counting and words.

Some do... But they were not created to.

For me every toy was my favorite...i have been very possessive abt my things from a very young...i used take very gud care of my toys...play with then for sometime..keep them back in a safe place 😳 ..even now many of my toys r there back home in India 😳
But unfortunately 1/2 of my toys were spoiled by my brother 😑
Well they do work..but hope much will depend on the chid & how it is used as a gud tool 😊 ..yesh children do learn a lot from toys πŸ˜‰
Now everything can have bad impact if used badly..same thing applies for toys too

Cheers
❀️Kai❀️ Edited by Kai_Hiwatari - 16 years ago
kal-el thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
my first toy was a cuddly stuffed toy, it was a gorilla and the amazing thing is at the age of 26 i still have him 😳

i am not sure but inshallah when i have kidsi want to give them a mixture of toys educational and none educational to help them early

like violent computer games can have an effect on some i think certain toys can have a negative effect on children as well, i think you need to give them a balance
Miss Candy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I used to play hitman and GTA... does that make me violent? idk... but it's possible. i do hav a bad temper sometimes. 😳
Neav thumbnail
Well toys huh???
no specific toy was my fav coz i always used to break all the toys i got...

But i loved Balls.. The once i played with as my childhood maybe they made the great sportsmen i m today..