Ismail Darbar insults Khayyam - article

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Music composer Khayyam

Rage Darbari!

Ismail Darbar insults Khayyam during a heated altercation over the elimination of a contestant

The irrepressible Ismail Darbar has done it again. He has ended up insulting one more legend of the music world. Some time ago he made Lataji record a song for a film that was never made. On Sa Re Ga Ma Pa which he judges every week, Durbar has been regularly crossing swords with Asha Bhonsle.  In the episode on June 16, Ismail Darbar does it again. This time his target is Khayyam.

According to a Zee spokesperson, "A squabble arose between Ismail Darbar and Khayyam Saab when the latter eliminated a contestant Jyoti from the competition. Ismail Darbar claimed that Jyoti had sung well enough and that it was a wrong decision taken by Khayyam Saab. Here Ismail also mentioned that it was as wrong for Ashaji to have eliminated another contestant Sarika. Khayyam Saab was obviously hurt. He said he thought Ismail was insulting him, his music and his experience of so many years. He said Ismail should respect his position as a Mahaguru and have faith in his judgement. But Ismail Darbar was firm on his stance and got into a serious disagreement with Khayyam Saab."

Ismail Darbar
Khayyam tried to underplay the ugly incident. He said, "Ismail is young and talented.  He shouldn't have said what he did. But we sorted it out. I think Ismail's job is to guide the contestants.  And one has to be very objective about the judgement. But often one gets emotional about issues like a contestant from Pakistan€or a female contestant from the US who has left her child behind€These are emotional matters. But one can't have emotions coming into play while judging a contest.  And after a judge gives his decision, no one can challenge his judgement. Ismail challenged my judgement. Yeh baat ghalat thi. However I'd say he got emotional. He shouldn't have used the words he did."
Edited by uknaik99 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guardian Angel thumbnail

According to a Zee spokesperson??  Wonder which spokesperson is he and whether Zee would confirm this!!  Seems more articles are coming up against ID.  On his birthday on SRGMP, Khayyam sir was the first one to whom ID gave a piece of his cake to with much admiration. 

These articles are for publicity stunts or some vandatta against ID. 

Which female contestent from US has left her child behind???  Mauli??  Give me a break!!

Edited by GUARDIAN ANGEL - 17 years ago
chotesab thumbnail
No truth...cheap publicity stunt.
liquidice thumbnail
ID is a very rude man...he is loosing it

and btw who is the female cont frm usa thats left her child behind? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• i thought onlu mauli was frm usa..

anonmember thumbnail
[quote]Some time ago he made Lataji record a song for a film that was never made.[/quote]

Hmm, is this the same Lata-Sharib duet? πŸ˜•

Great title: rage darbari, raag darbari πŸ˜†
But I doubt the credibility
of the article. One article says one thing or another something else. What or who to believe? πŸ˜›
ritzbitz thumbnail
plz someone give ID a break ( work) πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: ritzbitz

πŸ˜†
kabhi_21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ritzbitz

πŸ˜†

kabhi_21 thumbnail

Originally posted by: GUARDIAN ANGEL

According to a Zee spokesperson??  Wonder which spokesperson is he and whether Zee would confirm this!!  Seems more articles are coming up against ID.  On his birthday on SRGMP, Khayyam sir was the first one to whom ID gave a piece of his cake to with much admiration. 

These articles are for publicity stunts or some vandatta against ID. 

Which female contestent from US has left her child behind???  Mauli??  Give me a break!!

You are correct... he did respect Khayyam sahab as the oldest person.... In the article also it seems its just difference of opinion between two people over judgement.... there is nothing to have fuss about it....😊

gopalbhai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
We are yet watch that episode. Let us just wait before making any comments.