western clothes vs eastern clothes

raunaq thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i am not trying to pinpoint at anyone, this is only for the sake of debate so please dont bash me on this

you have seen in subcontinent how jeans, tees etc. have become a norm for girls. infact everyone is opting for it, do you think that the culture is somewhere on the point of decline in terms of dress? with the type of sarees that are shown in movies etc. do you think they are potraying the blend of western culture into eastern culture, like jeans worn on kameez etc. i also like this type of dress which is jeans and kameez πŸ˜› so please dont bash me πŸ˜› , i thought of this just for the sake of debateπŸ˜›

Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It all depends on how well one can carry them. Both dressing are likeable πŸ˜ƒ

BTW: Raun's similar post for views

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:Aphrodite:.

Its all about what that person feels comfortable in. who are we to dictate what other people want to wear. Personally, I don't like to wear desi clothes.

ditto @ almost all the above.
On very rare occasions, I like wearing a saree whenever I can do it justice.  I am not crazy about other Indian outfits.  There is something very sexy about saree..
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I hate wearing sarees...they always get under my feet!
I love salwaar Kammez without a dupatta...now some ppl would find THAT very Un Indian...

I think all Indian girls should wear Indian clothes....

Provided all Indian men pledge to wear a dhoti Kurta!!
greatmaratha thumbnail
I love Indian clothes... Give me a saree any day... I think it is one of the most graceful things to wear and carry off. But yes, clothing is a matter of personal choice and completely dependent on the mood, time and person.

Difficult to wear a Saree on a hiking trip.... or a Salwar Kameez for a night out on a disco...  But if I had the option of dressing formally, I think a Saree scores higher over a Western Suit anyday...
Edited by s.priya - 16 years ago
raunaq thumbnail
^^^i heard saree takes a lot of time to wear, however it reminded me of honeymoon travels where this ladies saree comes off when she is trying take on the adventure πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† but i have also heard that saree looks elegant on you.

i was looking at some wedding pictures of someone and kids wore jeans, it was not a small kid, it was a big kid who could have comfortably worn something cultural in a local place but to be honest it didnt look great at all, so i do agree, there is a time and place to wear it πŸ˜› Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
raunaq thumbnail

Originally posted by: TallyHo

I hate wearing sarees...they always get under my feet!
I love salwaar Kammez without a dupatta...now some ppl would find THAT very Un Indian...

I think all Indian girls should wear Indian clothes....

Provided all Indian men pledge to wear a dhoti Kurta!!

isnt that too time consuming like saree? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

I love Indian clothes... Give me a saree any day... I think it is one of the most graceful things to wear and carry off. But yes, clothing is a matter of personal choice and completely dependent on the mood, time and person.

Difficult to wear a Saree on a hiking trip.... or a Salwar Kameez for a night out on a disco...  But if I had the option of dressing formally, I think a Saree scores higher over a Western Suit anyday...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ am with you on this one a 100%πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

hey priya, good to see you again after a long time...how are you doing??
Xx..£uvñëët..xX thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i agree with u guys.. i think it all comes down to wearing what ur comfortable in.. at least thats what works for me πŸ˜ƒ

i luv wearing the traditional punjabi suit.. i.e. salwar kameez etc.. haven't really gotten around to wearing a sari till date πŸ˜† but intend to do that some day! But yeh i still luv my jeans n tops.
Morning_Dew thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

Very well said .. πŸ‘

It depends upon the comfort level and occassion .. ofcourse in a  traditional wedding jeans would look odd

Jeans and tees are comforatble and practical for everyday activities but not everywhere.. I personally dress up according to occassion 😊

Edited by Morning_Dew - 16 years ago