Mugdha Chaphekar’s tandav dance in PRC!!!

ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Back with another exciting interview!!!!!

Enjoy

Mugdha Chaphekar's tandav dance in Prithviraj Chauhan

Mugdha Chaphekar (who plays young Sanyogita in the Star Plus weekend show Prithviraj Chauhan) performed a Tandav nritya on Friday (25 May) as the part of the serial. The episode will be aired next Sunday.

"Yesterday I was performing on the fast classical track, which is popularly known as Tandav nritay. It is a part of Bhartnatyam, and I know the basics well," informed Mugdha.

On being asked who trained her for the dance, she said, "Unfortunately my masterji had not come. So I had to perform this tandav on my own. My masterji's assistant was there for guidance."

Explaining the significance of the dance in the serial, she said, "Basically tandav dance is done when you are angry and upset. Sanyogita is very livid with her father (King of Kanauj) as he is planning a war against Prithvi. So she is performing a tandav in her Mahal as she is back from the Mayamaa's Gurukul."

Mughda performed the tandav for approximately 5 minutes, which was followed by a dream sequence with Prithvi. "Sanyogita loves Prithvi very much and has full faith that however she is, Prithvi will love her," she added.

The actress also spoke about the unbearable heat she experienced in Baroda while shooting. "The temperature rises up to 40 degrees, which is pathetic and to compound matters, I had to wear a lot of jewellery too."

When asked about an extension of her role in the serial, she said, "I don't have any idea. The producers may extend the role on public demand. The audience likes the show, especially our pair. There are messages on online communities saying please don't change this pair as we can't see any other pair. Let's see how things work out."

In the current track of the serial, Prithviraj (Rajat Tokas) and his friends are busy destroying the four pillars of Bhimdev Solanki (Chetan Hansraj), King of Gujarat while the cute young Sanyogita is living in a vann ashram. She is very distressed as she has not told Prithvi her real name.

• Dhanashri Kulkarni        & ;nbs p;      
  • Monday, 28 May, 2007
  • http://www.indya.com/news/mugdha_chaphekar.html
    Edited by sarajee123 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jatt1234 thumbnail
    ohh wow thnxxx soo much

ahh so she is going back in mahal..

and why does jaichand arrange war..he doesnt no anything yet?!?

ahh wheres king anangpal when you need him ...
    divingdolphin21 thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
    gr8 interview we will c mc doing tandav dance i hope its not weird😕Edited by divingdolphin13 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Jattinder!

ohh wow thnxxx soo much

ahh so she is going back in mahal..

and why does jaichand arrange war..he doesnt no anything yet?!?

ahh wheres king anangpal when you need him ...

i think this war has to do with the delhi crown ....... oh yeha one more thing .. isnt prc not comiing on sunday ????/ i ve heard that on june 3 star plus is telecastiing DON😡  

camella thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    wah!!!kya baat hai!!can't wait for sundays epsidoe to see wat a blunder she makes out of the wonderful "tandav" 😆 ..but she made a mistake it's bhimdev's 5 pillars not 4.n tandav is not only performed wen ur angry..even wen ur happy u can do tandav.. 😊 the one she mentioned abt is "rudra tandav"(the one wen ur angry) 😡 ..the other one is "aanand tandav"(the one wen ur happy) 😊 ..i know this coz im from tamilnadu..n bharatnatyam is a vital part of r culture..juss hope she keeps up the name of dance 😕 ..i juss hope its not gonna be like tht stupid nritya pratiyogita!!! 🤢
    anuradhasharma thumbnail
    well dats great dat mugdha performaning tandav....!....but m thinking the other way around.....it means we hv to see her dance for 5 min.....waise bhi prc 30 min ka aata hai...umei bhi 10 min ki add.......matlab 20 min ka prc....aur usmei bhi 5 min ka dance....means 15 min ka prc.... 😕 Edited by anuradhasharma - 17 years ago
    Vienna thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
    so jaichand must b helpin BD, i think soo 😡
    so now d end of BD is near , but also d end of RT's role in show 😡
    sad thing MC dont know abt her role extention 😕
    MC performing tandav on her own 😕
    More than that tandav dance .. i more keen to watch that dream equence with prithvi after that dance 😳

camella thumbnail
    im scared to even look at the dance!!! 😕
    Barbie3143 thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
    wow another dance .............i hope its will be nice