I crack jokes too but offscreen: Parizaad

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I crack jokes too but offscreen: Parizaad Kolah Marshall

Parizaad Kolah Marshall seems to be in the seventh heaven after anchoring two seasons of the 'Laughter Champions' with lan. Now she is again back in the third season of the show with a co-host Shonali to accompany her.

Perizaad is all set to win hearts again in the season three and is enjoying her career in anchoring to the fullest. We recently caught up with Perizaad and she opened her heart to us. Here is the excerpt.

Q: How do you feel about the success of 'Laughter Challenge'?
A: Frankly speaking, I feel great and wonderful as it is growing well and I am looking forward to it. It is soon coming with new 'Laughter Champions' and it is a very promising show. I am really very happy to be a part of this show since two years.

Q: What do you think is the secret for the success of this show?
A: I guess the secret behind the success is its originality. When it started it was one of its own kinds as there were no other such shows at that time. Also the quality of the show is good with new and fresh jokes every time.

Q: So have you too started cracking jokes and talking laughter doses?
A: Yes, in fact I do lots of fun in my real life and behind the scenes I crack many jokes. I too am a fun loving person, but I don't think so that on screen I have ever did that. But I have definitely loved laughter a lot…

Q: How do you feel anchoring the show for the third time in a row?
A: Oh! I am so very comfortable now anchoring the show, as it has been two years of me anchoring the show.

Since the very first episode I had the required comfort level on the sets and it is great working with Shekhar Suman and Navjot Sidhu. We have great chemistry and lots of fun on sets.

Q: As depicted on the banner, what is unique about the third season?
A: Firstly, as said, no old jokes will be there in the third session of the show. There will be only new and fresh jokes, no repetition at all.

Now it will come twice a week, Fridays and Sundays with two hosts and most importantly, we have female contestants too this time. So everything double… double dose of laughter with double judges and double anchor. And it will be twice a week.

Q: Why is the need for another anchor suddenly?
A: See, as everything is doubled. So now there are two anchors so that the judges and audience can have double fun.

Epecially, Siddhu, as he can now preach more shayaris, (laughs). Anyways, she will anchor on Saturdays and I on Fridays. So, now there will be more masala and glamour on the show now.

Q: So how is the comfort level between you and Shonali, as you have also worked together for Zoom?
A: We have great time there and here too we just have a blast together. Having already worked together it is very easy to work together again….

Q: Apart from anchoring, what are you doing these days?
A: Actually, I am only anchoring for various shows including many international shows. I have anchored in Jakarta, Germany and many other countries.

These shows are not about fun or jokes, but corporate related.

All so, I am getting these assignments only owing to my performance in 'Laughter Challenge'. I am a traveling freak, so I just enjoy doing these shows.