Amol Palekar announces new film DUMKATA!

salonishah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Amol Palekar announces new film DUMKATA!

www.glamsham.com

Amol Palekar Shankar MahadWell known for his selection of unusual, sensitive subjects, Amol Palekar has chosen yet another illustrious story for his new feature film in Hindi titled DUMKATA. In his 26 years' career as a director, he has made eleven films – 5 in Marathi and 6 in Hindi. DUMKATA will be his twelfth film.

'Two demands are repeatedly made by my fans, 'Start acting' and 'Make films similar to the Basuda & Hrishida gharana of which I was an integral part as an actor. DUMKATA is my attempt to make a light hearted family film.' said Mr. Palekar while addressing the media. 'Do we offer anything original to our children? They have to relish the Hollywood combos or digest its second rate desi imitations. I am sure that DUMKATA will offer something original to our kids.' explained Mr. Palekar who has commenced shooting in Pune.

Story, screenplay and dialogue are written by Sandhya Gokhale who has written last three films for Mr. Palekar. 'DUMKATA is very different from my last three serious screenplays of Anaahat, Paheli and Thaang. This subject is pure fun. No stretching brain muscles but sheer entertainment.' adds Sandhya who is also Mr. Palekar's Associate Director.

Sandhya Gokhale Sharnaz PaOnce again Mr. Palekar has gathered brilliant actors - Om Puri, Sachin Khedekar and Sharnaz Patel along with two child actors – Khush Mallick and Aseem Desai. Rather than amassing glittery faces, Palekar has always chosen to work with excellent actors. The music of the film is composed by the terrific trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and lyrics are written by Gulzar. The film will also see Om Puri with his rock-solid base voice also tuned in for a stirring rap number.

One more attractive experiment to wait for!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Paheli was good😉 I hope this is good too 😃
S a r a h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😆 😆 😆 movie name itself is so childish 😆 lets hope this turns out to be another series of Munnabhai MBBS 👏
anonmember thumbnail
I hope its better than Paheli. While the story was innovative and the treatment different, the film could have used some more editing. It was too long and dragged at times.

Om Puri rapping!! Interesting!