The TRP trap ! Daljit Kaur

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
The TRP trap !

It's the brutal king with a mighty sword - The TRPs, that's Television Rating Points, is that vital element in the Indian television industry that rules the fate of any and every show that's telecast.

It's become so common to hear about the sad demise of a show that it's not shocking anymore. On a serious note, who are hit the most by this doleful channel decision? The producer and the actors. In case of the actors, they suddenly find themselves stranded, and to hunt for newer roles in the midst of all the cut-throat-competition. And with every channel and producer going in for newer and fresh faces, landing the right role is no cakewalk for them. In fact, many are left in a lurch without any work for months together after a show is abruptly taken off air.

We ask select stars to voice their views on this highly controversial matter.

Daljit Kaur
The TRP system is a channel's weapon. Pulling a show off air has more reasons behind it too but TRPs is used as a convenient excuse. Storyline and creative modifications can bring a turn around. If the right intentions and efforts are there the show will surely grow. On an average a show should be given six months to woo the audience. They take time to be fond of the characters. I can't question the channel intentions. May be they had valid reasons to take my show Kulvaddhu off air. Even today people recognize me as Kulvaddhu. But now what nextis the question mark

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
poor girl...its gonna take a while before she forgets it....how can she...its soo hard for us....she was niyati...i dont want to know what shes going through