Everything in a name:Sachin-Daljeet

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Everything in a name

When an actor becomes famous for the character he is portraying people tend to call him with the character's name. He becomes famous with the name, but considering changing his original name with the famous one is a bit unbelievable. Here is what....

Sachin Sharma, Krishna of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, has changed his name to Krishna, even though he is no longer in the serial. We catch up with some famous tellyactors to know about their point of view on changing their names.

Rucha Gujrati of afternoon soap Bhabhi is famous as Suhana, the character she portrays in the soap. She says "I receive a huge amount of adulation when I meet people. Some call me Rucha and some Suhana. It's nice when people recognize me. But I cannot think of changing my name. I am happy with my name, and also I have my own identity. I will never change my name."

Juhi Parmar famous as Kumkum from the serial with the same name is very particular about her name. She says "Yes people do recognize me as Kumkum and it's good if they do so. But the fact is it's only the character name and in my entire career I will be playing many characters. This doesn't mean that I change my name with every character I portray. I will never change my name. I love being called Juhi, since it means flower. I love to be called a flower".

Jay Bhanushali aka Neev of Kayamath says that "There is no reason that I should change my name. Jay means victory and I am very passionate about winning. Hence I would like to win everything maybe a situation or such but cannot think of changing my name."

Sharad Malhotra aka Sagar of Banu Mein Teri Dulhan considers his name lucky. He says "my mom and dad named me and I am very happy with my name. It is even lucky for me. People say that it sounds very nice and this makes me happy. When I came to Bombay I wanted to add another extra letter to my name, but my mom said me not to change the name at any cost. Hence I didn't change it".

Reshmi Ghosh popularly known as Bhoomi in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi says "why shall I change my name. I have my own identity. I am much close to my father and he gave me this name. My name matches with my personality and I am very possessive about my name. I cannot even think in my dreams of changing it".

Daljeet Kaur who played Niyati of Kulvadhu which is off air now says "My name means winning a group and hence I would like to win my audience. I am very happy with the name I have and I see no reason to change it. People call me Niyati most of the time they see me but I would love to be called as Daljeet".

http://www.indya.com/news/character_name.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diljaani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
tfs!

yay for no name changing! 😃