Television's newest stars-Shubangi Atre P

dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

|  

Back | Next

Television's newest stars

Shubangi Atre Poorey, Kasturi Kasturi is a story of a middle-class Punjabi girl who wants to study further but cannot due to family opposition. Hailing from Indore, Shubangi graduated from Holkar Science College and has also done a Masters in Business Management. She was crowned Miss Madhya Pradesh in 2003 and is a trained classical dancer. She moved to Pune three years ago after her marriage to Piyush Poorey, who works in an ad agency. They have an 18-month daughter, Ashi. A photographer friend had told her to try her hand at acting. She did a month long workshop with AT Entertainment, Pune, and soon, auditioned for Kasturi. But she was offered a role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay, as Palchin.

Recalling her experience, Shubangi says, "When I was shooting for Kasautii Zindagi Kay, I got a call from the production house for the lead role in Kasturi. I didn't know how to react. Initially, during the shooting of Kasturi, I fainted because we were working nonstop. Now, I am used to it."

About her role, she says, "I can identify with Kasturi in some ways. Like her, I know what I want to do, and I'm from a middle-class family like her."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Spandana* thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
wow, shes a trained dancer...thts nice...reason for her petitness. 😳

amu~