Is friendship the first step to love?

Gitz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Is friendship the first step to Love? and how do people fall in Love anyway? Is love at first sight really, possible or is it just infactuation?

Help me guys i'm really confused.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Well my experience says that love at first sight is infatuation , for true love means you take the other person as a friend , companion ,some one who is your counter part and you can share experiences of life ,your thoughts,......the good ,the bad and the ugly with whom you learn the meaning of new things.
Love at first sight is superfical based on apearances , looks ,the dressing style. Everything basicaly thats outward!!! That doesn't take you too far ......the moment you realise you lack compatibility and you don't share the same goals in life ...........you'll likely to go your own way !!!
Hope that helps !!!😉
sowmyaa thumbnail
Well I think love can happen anywhere, anytime. I think it is possible to fall in love at first sight but most of the time it is infactuation. Falling in love with a friend is I think after putting more thoughts and kind of little matured in a way. And falling in love at first sight is kind of initial stage and probably naive at times. But i wouldn't say it's not possible to fall in love at first sight. Sometime you meet person for first time and it rings bell in your heart that has never happened before.
kirran thumbnail
friendship can just end at friendship..but it can go more than that sometimes. yes, i would have to say yes, because first u have to get to know the person as a friend than decide if u like them or not.

well that's my insight :)
usachick821 thumbnail
some people may fall in love at first sight, but then again as all the other members have said it is infatuation, because you dont know that person, you just find them appealing in appearance, style and looks. strong and true love (atleast i believe) can only happen when both people have been friends for long time, because not only do you ove a person for who they are, but the little things they do that make you feel special and that they only do around you.
ManishaRox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: usachick821

some people may fall in love at first sight, but then again as all the other members have said it is infatuation, because you dont know that person, you just find them appealing in appearance, style and looks. strong and true love (atleast i believe) can only happen when both people have been friends for long time, because not only do you ove a person for who they are, but the little things they do that make you feel special and that they only do around you.

I agree!

Gitz thumbnail
Thanks I agree with all of them,  esspecially with usachick821's reply thank you all you've really been alot of help.
dannyk thumbnail
no ... both are totally different thing ..

at fery few times best friends become the lover