wendyf. thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hello

i am not new to if...formerelywindy...forgot password !

how to make wax at home and how to use it? i have bgt Nair wax stripes b4. it did not work at all.πŸ˜•

thanks in adavance😊

Edited by wendyf. - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reema_J thumbnail
Welcome Wendy!

Oh... my sister and my aunt make their own wax and it works really well!

I'll confirm how they make it but am pretty sure it's just water, sugar, and lemon juice that they use!

I think you just stir the water and the sugar on a medium-low heat continuously until it is caramelized and then add just a bit of the lemon juice so that it's consistency is somewhat sticky. Let it cool and there's your wax!

-I'll try to edit this post as soon as possible with the actual way... I know I'm pretty close but I don't want to take a chance! 😳
bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
woah! i dint no u cud make ur own wax!!!! 😳 thts awesome! cnt wait for the 'recipe' reema πŸ˜†
*dels* thumbnail
Even I didn't know we could make our own wax! Thats so cool! It would be really nice to try out. Thanks Reema
Sadie.Saxton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
...I didnt know you could make your own wax, either!
username88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ooo u can make ur own wax
dats awesome
is it ne good tho?
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
yer u can make home made wax aswelll πŸ˜› ...please do tel us de actual fing reema asap 😳 πŸ˜‰ ...i have heard from my friend...wax from outside costs a helluva alot! πŸ˜†
REANA thumbnail
yea its expensive. i pay about $12 for a 400mg of wax. i think i'll try the homemade wax. thanx guyz

ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
wow...didn't know you could make it at homee 😳 πŸ˜ƒ

thnxx reema! πŸ˜›
qazi_luv thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hey guys...Reema wuz right I found dis recipe onnn google...soooo try it out!

-------------------------------

Materials/Ingredients:

1 cup Sugar (approx 220gms)

2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (30mls)

2 Tablespoons Water (30mls)

Recipe

Put sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan, mix and put on a low/ medium heat until sugar has dissolved and the solution is a clear liquid. Bring to boil for about 30-40 seconds and remove from heat (the wax should appear clear with slight yellow tint). Pour wax into suitable plastic container and allow to cool until warm. The wax is now ready to use. Always test the temperature before applying to the skin – it should be used warm.

Keep refrigerated to store. The wax can be reheated in the microwave – but beware it can become extremely hot – only use the wax when warm.

Instructions

Make sure that the hair you want to wax is at least 1/4" long, the wax needs something to grab on to.

Wash and dry area to be applied beforehand, and dust area with baby powder if desired. Do not wax straight after having a hot bath or shower. Spread a thin 2" to 3" wide layer of wax across your skin using the lollipop stick. The wax should be spread in the direction that your hair naturally rests on your skin. (If your hair grows downwards, then spread the wax downwards).

Take a cloth strip (an easy way to get the cloth strips is to cut up an old sheet or pillowcase) and press firmly over the wax. Rub the strip with the palm of your hand back and forth a few times.

Now take hold of the cloth strip at the bottom, and QUICKLY pull off your skin in the opposite direction of the hair growth.

Most of the hair should be pulled off, if not then try again; your hair may not be long enough yet, or you may not have made the wax with the right proportion of ingredients.

Continue until you have removed all unwanted hair, removing any small thinner remaining hairs with tweezers. When all hair has been removed, take a warm shower and apply shaving balm.

During application if the wax becomes too thick to spread, pop in the microwave for 15 secs again, remember to always test the temperature before applying to the skin.

This recipe is water soluble and therefore the cotton strips can be washed and reused similar to NADS. Good luck and hope you're pleased.

A WORD OF WARNING!!!! IF YOU LIKE SHERBERT LEMONS BEWARE USING THIS AS ITS EXTREMLY LICKABLE!!!!

I MADE THIS UP BUT OMITTED THE WATER FOR MORE LEMON, IF UNSURE IF ITS TOO RUNNY I ADDED MORE SUGER BUT I DIDNT NEED TO AS IT IS RUNNY IT THICKENS AS IT COOLS, SO ADD MORE OR LEAVE ALONE ITS STILL HIGHLY EFFECTIVE!!! JUST WASH THE COTTON LATER AND REUSE. I PERSONALLY APPLY THE MIXTURE WITH A PLASTIC SPOON AND THEN KEEP RE-APPLYING THE SAME PIECE OF CLOTH AND MIXTURE WITH A SEE SAW EFFECT OVER THE LEGS FOR EXAMPLE, IT TAKES UP ALL THE EXCESS AND IS SOO EFFECTIVE YOU ONLY END UP USING A TINY AMOUNT SO I'VE BUNGED MINE IN THE FRIDGE FOR LATER USE!!!