Interview of Alisha Chinai--about II3

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
I have never been a judge before. I hate sermonising or preaching. This will be a dif- ferent experience," says the singer who has several hit singles to her credit. Spotting talent Alisha Chinai is one of the four judges for Indian Idol 3 (Sony). Say- ing that the singers have it easier these days to showcase their talent with reality shows, she adds, "Only those singers who are passionate will survive. It's easier to reach a position but how you manage to stay there is a tough task." What are the qualities she's looking for in a winner? She states, "Talent, hard work, a definite dis- tinct identity and sincerity are a must to be a winner." She's quick to add,"I can't describe what I'm looking for in the Indian Idol. When you see them perform, either you're touched or you're not. It's not just about a good voice alone,it's also about one's complete persona. Today's audi- ence is quite demanding." Elite panel Accompanied by other judges — Javed Akhtar, Annu Malik and Udit Narayan–Chinai has been touring various places, conduct- ing auditions. "We've seen some exceptional talent right from child prodigies to complete enter- tainers. I am reliving my journey as a singer and as a performer through them." She strongly feels that belief in one's talent is necessary. Is she going to be tough with the partic- ipants? "I don't know what tone I'm going to adopt for the show. Turning them away is heartbreaking for me but we have a task at hand to pick only the best." Last word How compatible are the judges? "We have creative differences over our favourite participants. But it's Annu who will have the final say. After all, he has been associ- ated with the show..in the earlier seasons I mean. "Of course, Annu has to con- vince us if he chooses one con- testant over the other," she says. She has many idols. "Lata Mangeshkar is everyone's ultimate inspiration. My other idols are Noorjehan, Geeta Dutt and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Kylie Minogue of the international lot," the singer concludes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Cool...
Luvly article..
i am looking fwd to c alisha as a judge
FallBaby thumbnail
Alisha used to look like a doll when she first came into the industry , glad to see her back in the limelight .. now we'll get to watch her even closely and get a different taste of alisha chinai .. nice .. thanks for the article ..