Nikkhil Arya to act in Balaji serial(old)

TiNa58 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

April 2, 2004

A familiar face on television, model and resident of Chimbai Road Nikkhil Arya will debut with Balaji Telefilms' Kesar, to be aired on Star Plus in April.

Twenty-six-year-old Nikkhil, who started out with walking the ramp for Hemant Trevedi and Marc Robinson, moved on to ads for brands like Raymond, Standard Chartered Bank, Ponds Magic Talc, Excalibur Shirts, Ford Ikon, Britannia 50-50, and Airtel among several others. He speaks to metro about his future plans.

Excerpts from the interview:

Have you been planning to switch to acting?

I have had several offers but have rejected them because I was quite
satisfied doing ads and music videos. I have known Ektaa Kapoor for some time now and when this role was offered to me it was difficult to say no because the role was very good.

Tell us about Kesar.

It's an interesting role. The character has some negative shades to it, which made it interesting for me. I play a rich brat who has got everything in life. His grandfather is conservative and tries to inculcate values in him.

How will this role help you considering the barrage of tele-serials?

There's a lot to the character I am playing. He learns through his mistakes and ultimately falls in love with the heroine Kesar, a girl who is chosen by his grandfather. The serial has some Balaji elements, but it has a human element too.

What about the rest of the cast?

Kesar's role is played by Nandini Singh, who has acted in the movie Ek Aur Ek Gyarah. Kitu Gidwani plays my mother, Gurpreet Singh plays my father's role and Madan Joshi plays the grandfather.

How do you handle skepticism regarding models' acting skills?

I think people are justified in being skeptical because modelling and acting are two separate things. Models assume that the immediate step would be acting, which is very untrue.

Are planning to continue with acting?

Yes. Now that I have tried it out, I feel more confident about my
acting capabilities and look forward to the big screen. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anju_bangalore thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks for sharing......

anju