Article:Shama sikander will enter (posted

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Comeback kids

Tellywood's attracting its people back. Shama Sikander, Mona Vasu, Ajay Gehi get set for Round Two

Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Ranjib Mazumder

Shama Sikander, who kick-started her career with Yeh Meri Life Hai, about two years ago is set to make her comeback on the small screen with Kaajjal Sabbki Aankhon Mein Basi. The actress will be sharing screen space with Apoorva Agnihotri in the show.

According to Shama, the character she will now essay is an interesting one and completely different from what she had done in Yeh Meri Life Hai earlier. Shama informs, "Unlike a girl from the city, here I am playing village belle, Chameli. She runs a dhaba and is in love with Raju Rangeela (Apoorva Agnihotri)."

Chameli talks in a Haryanvi accent and the actress had to take help from one of her friends to master the art. "As I am from Rajasthan, I had a tough time picking up the typical Haryanvi accent. Then, one of my friends came to my rescue, helping me learn the language and I think I have almost mastered the accent by now," Shama says.

"Post Yeh Meri Life Hai, the offers were not at all exciting. So I preferred to stay off from those run of the mill scripts. Chameli's character is so different and that's why it's going to be my comeback vehicle," she says.

As far as working with Apoorva Agnihotri she is already showering praises on her co-star. "I have shot for just one day and Apoorva is fun to work with." When it comes to Surveen Chawla she prefers to be politically correct. "I hardly interacted with her on the sets of Kaajjal. I have done several stage shows with her and she comes across as a good person contrary to reports," she adds.

Are there any projects on the anvil? "I am just concentrating on Kajjal for the moment. Very soon, I am going to do another daily soap. I am also considering some projects from Balaji too," she says.

Kaacon Sethi, executive producer of the show adds, "She fits into the character very well. The track of Apoorva and Shama is the next best thing to look forward to."
Mona Vasu is all set to make a comeback of sorts to television (post Millee). The actress will be seen in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si opposite Ajay Gehi. Mona will be playing a schizophrenic patient who has had a mysterious past with Shakti Anand aka Nikhil in the show. It has been reported that Ami Trivedi was being considered for the role but was replaced by Mona Vasu.

"Mona plays this girl (Sonam) who will be Ajay Gehi aka Aryan's girlfriend. She has had a past with Nikhil and every time she sees Nikhil, she gets into this psychotic mode. Why she does so will be the mystery in the coming episodes," says Misha Gautam, the Creative Head of the show.

Post Millee, Mona has done a cameo on Shh Koi Hai and she will soon be going to Dubai for a Pakistani serial titled Rukhey Naina. "I am most probably doing it. I am on the verge of confirming the deal," says Mona, not wanting to reveal much about her role.

The actor will don a flowing skirt, kurta and crimped hair look in the show. Shooting will commence from tomorrow and the show will be on air from 9 April. 

On being asked about getting to work with Mona after so long, Ajay Gehi says, "Yes I have heard that Mona has been considered for the role of Sonam. She will play my girlfriend who is suffering from schizophrenia. The old tracks in the show will come to a standstill while the new track will focus on the lives of the four of us (Ananya, Nikhil, Aryan and Sonam)."

- Kavita Shyam

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SUM 1 JUST POSTED IT,BT THANX YAAR.👏
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
omg i cant wait show will get more and more intrestinggg 😛
cool_rashi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg thnx but who is she .. omg i use to watch ye mere life hai but then i stop and i dont remember anything. Could sum1 please post a picture! please! hnxs! 😕
cool_rashi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
omg thnx but who is she .. omg i use to watch ye mere life hai but then i stop and i dont remember anything. Could sum1 please post a picture! please! hnxs! 😕
sharna2k6 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow thanks for sharing, so dev has a hamshakal!!
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
thanks for the article 😊
it looks like shama is not doing any cameo but a full-fledged role 😕
sallu_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for sharing it

oh man now a humshakal so is this means that dev is really dead 😭
akash99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail