vijay thumbnail
Posted: 20 years ago

Contributed by: Ashwirya Shetty

Armaan's office…

Raj is sitting on a chair and Armaan is pacing the room.

Raj "Armaan try to understand all this is happening because Nandu is trying to show you that Jassi belongs to him and so does the company and I feel that this new job thing also must have been initiated by him.

Armaan looks at Raj.

Raj continues, "Armaan listen to me, somehow you must win Jassi's heart. Get to her on your side, and then there is no tension.

Armaan gritting his teeth responds, "I am not going to do any such thing."

Raj gets up, puts both his hands on Armaan's shoulder and makes him sit in the chair that he had just vacated.

Raj, "Sit, you will have to do it till your fashion show is not done, you will have to do it till the sales do not touch the skies, till we do not get money in our company, till we are not able to repay the bank loan, till we not repay the loan to Kohinoor. Till then you will have to keep Jassi with you.

Armaan sarcastically, "And, then you will say get married to Jassi too."

Raj looks at him perplexed for a second and then shakes his head in frustration and sits next to Armaan and says, "Did you get engaged to Mallika to get married to her? You got engaged so that you could keep Gulmohor.

Armaan, "Raj, why don't you try to win Jassi's heart?"

Raj looks are Armaan has if he has gone nuts.

Armaan continues, "You are a lady's man"

Raj, "I am a lady's man but Jassi being lady is not a lady!"

Armaan gives him a surprised look.

Raj continues, "One moment, are you getting scared of Jassi?"

They both stare at each other. Armaan looks defiant and Raj looks mockingly.

Armaan, " Okay, first you try to woo Jassi. If she does not agree, I will do something.

Raj gets up from the chair and says, "Oh, now you are challenging me. Arre yaar, I am telling you I will not be able to anything. Armaan, understand she is 'Fida' about you. Till yesterday she was feeling that you let her down. There only your 'Jadoo' will work.

Armaan is not convinced, "All the best, Raj."

Next scene: Jassi's office room

Jassi is standing with her back to the door doing some work.

Raj enters slowly with his hands behind his back and says, "Din bar kaam kar ke aap thak (tired) kar chur hui tho aap ko 'thanks' bolne hum aapke kidmat mein pesh hua…Wah Wah Wah", Raj continues, "Jassi, like Purshottam (Armaan's

dad) congratulated you, I thought, why not I have my 'salaam' to you too. On this note, lets toast".

Raj brings his hands in the front and keeps two glasses and a soda (coke) on Jassi's desk.

Jassi, "I am going home, sir. Anyways, when I go home, I have 'lassi'. My mom prepares cold fresh 'lassi'.

Raj gives her a funny look not knowing what to say.

Jassi continues, "With coke I get a cold and anyways it is not good for my teeth. You see I have wearing wires. She opens her mouth wide to show Raj her wires.

Raj, "Does not matter we will drink something that you like."

Jassi turns to stare at him. "Eh, I like soda sherbet." Raj looks perplexed.

Jassi explains, "Goli wali bottle mein, press the 'goli' and the drink spills out."

Raj, "Yeah, yeah, I know what it is…chalo I will get that for you."

Jassi moves past him to the other end of her desk, turn around, a serious look on her face, "No, sir that place is not for you." Jassi continues working while speaking, "You cannot go there. You go to pubs to drink something else. You do not really want my company.

Raj starts looking uncomfortable

Jassi continues, "And, for you toast means making friends with females and for me toast means bread and butter, which I eat at home with my family with love and togetherness.

Raj, "Jassi look it is not like that…"

Jassi continues, "Dosti, relationships, friendship…mean something else to me. You will not understand.

Raj is quiet.

Jassi, "I will not toast. You called me your friend and that is good enough for me. And, I am not feeling bad about what happened and you should also not feel bad.

(Will try to continue the balance story tomorrow)