Sanjaya Malakar American Idol... - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 17 years ago
He's not that bad...but he's no comparison to Hemachandra!

But what is up w/ that hair?! 😆
Bhaskar.T thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:.Suhana.:.

Sorry about that post Bhaskarji...I think I sounded really ignorant even though I don't actually think that way. 

Sorry again for what I said...I wish I had thought it though before posting it.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Forget it... Lets move ahead Suhana 😊 No offence take it easy.😛

advil thumbnail

Dont watch that show, neither have i heard him, is he good? but whats with the hairstyle..?😛

Morgoth thumbnail
I am a regular watcher of this show. Sanjaya Malakar was good in the auditions, but he screwed up in his song selections time after time.

I have not watched his performance in the "Mohawk hairstyle" epi, but the one before that, where that girl Ashley wept buckets, he improved a great deal!

Who says Sanjaya can't sing? He can sing, but his song selection was wrong - catering towards powerhouse voices like Lakisha Jones. Sanjaya has a more soulful voice. He needs more difficulty in his songs, but the difficulty should not be limited to oversinging/shouting the song (like a lot of the "big voice" contestants do)

That being said, the best SINGERS in this competition are Melinda Doolittle and Jordin Sparks. Lakisha Jones is good, but she has a tendency to oversing.
paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with T. and sonyaee, Sanjaya Malakar was good in the auditions, but he screwed up in his song selections after that. He has a potential but it looks like he is focusing on hairstyle now a days.

Qwest thumbnail

I am really disappointed to see Sanjaya still around. It looks like Sanjaya is benefiting from the "Vote for the Worst" movement being spearheaded by some disc jockeys like Howard Stern. That's actually pretty terrible that they are doing it and could really ruin the whole point of the show. But, that's the risk they take when they leave the judging completely up to the public. I heard that if Sanjaya wins because of this type of voting, Simon will throw in the towel - end of his participation in AI (which could be end of AI period). Don't know if that's true, but that is what is being reported by a few gossip gurus.

Sanjaya did not deserve to be in Top 12 even. Thanks to all those votes fromthe worst movement group and (NRI) for there votes they sure have eliminated few good and a deserving singer's from 'Idol': Season 6's I guess this what we call a reality show. No offense meant here just the true opinion based on music and total package.

Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
Kya Hai? thumbnail

I agree with T's Post about Sanjaya. It is true that There are some radio stations promoting Sanjaya too like "Howard Stern". Besides NRIs, american tiny boppers are supporting him with votes. He is not a bad singer. Actually I was surprised to see him making Top 12 and not his sister. She was bit better than him in auditions.

Now with Simon's threat of leaving the show if Sanjaya wins, that even bring more votes to him from Simon haters. There are so many different issues helping Sanjaya remain in contest.

He should have never made it to Top 12. Sabrina and Sundance should have made it to top 12. Last weeks performance he even forgot lyrics to the song and he still is in due to the other 2 contestants Chris Sligh and Haley sang bad.

I am a follower of American Idol since season 1 and believed that it did produce some excellent singers but this time I am afraid it might not be true unless Melinda, Lakisha or Jordin wins. My first pick is still Melinda and I am rooting for her all the way. Such an awesome singer they are with great personality and so humble at the same time. 

Each round gives a singer a chance to show their talent in different genre of songs. Some may have limitations which might surface as contest progresses. Best wishes to all the contestants.

Edited by Kya Hai? - 17 years ago
Pradarshak thumbnail
I have been through many AI blogs, people either really hate him or worship him(idolize in true sense). It's interesting.

Like T said it's not that Sanjaya is a bad singer, his problems are:

1. Inexperience due to his age
2. Lack of Confidence
3. Not good Song Choice
4. Soft Voice(without band playing it sounds much better, that's why he sounds good in audition round. In a record studio he would do far better)

People are pointing at his race being the support behind. There are other factors too other than he having Indian roots(his father and family are actively connected to ISCKON, all ISCKON followers are urged to support him).

1. Howerd Stern fans, HS is rallying for him(his show at least draws million listeners)
2. "Votefortheworstidol" website dedicated to Sanjaya
3. Teenage girls
4. Simon-haters
5. Even some enjoy in deliberately annoying others by voting for Sanjaya, people who hate the norms of the conservative society

This is for sure that Sanjaya is not the best singer in the contest, also not a totally scr***d up singer( There must be something to make it to top 24 among thousands). He is no William Honk. That's how democracy works, it's not necessary that always the right candidate gets to win in a democratic society. That too when the producers allow people to vote multiple times and cash-in. Whoever manages to be popular, the fact is among all the contestants Sanjaya is in the lime-light(even though for the controversies).

I support him.
Edited by Pradarshak - 17 years ago
galois311 thumbnail
Ooh ooh, my opinion on Sanjaya.

I watch American Idol regularly and almost fanatically (I love that show) and at first I was really excited to see Sanjaya in the top 12 boys. He was really good in Hollywood week and the auditions.
The first round, he was terrible, but so were the other boys so I didn't care.
The second round he was still terrible and he just keeps singing pretty much in the same tone. I will admit, he has improved a bit but compared to the other contestants (except for Haley) he really just isn't singing up to the mark.
I understand that he has potential but a competition isn't based on potential, it is based on how you sing on the night you are supposed to sing and if he isn't giving his all, he should be out of the competition. I seriously hope he doesn't win. Though, that wouldn't be surprising considering who the majority of America votes for in politics.

Singing aside, his hair is interesting. 😛
anonmember thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kya Hai?

I agree with T's Post about Sanjaya. It is true that There are some radio stations promoting Sanjaya too like "Howard Stern". Besides NRIs, american tiny boppers are supporting him with votes. He is not a bad singer. Actually I was surprised to see him making Top 12 and not his sister. She was bit better than him in auditions.

True. He also has the support of VFTW (Vote for the Worst). Earlier, they were "supporting" Sundance and Antonella.  I agree with everyone who says he needs to be careful with the song selection.