Crimped hair is back in vogue!!!

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

By Javed habib

Crimped hair is back in vogue. Many models on the international catwalks sported this look. You too can sport this style as it is very easy to achieve. This style is usually achieved by treating hair with heat from a crimping iron or by braiding hair and then undoing the braids. It's a good way to add volume to your hair or just have a crazy style until you wash it out.

Although crimping is generally a style adopted by younger people, anybody can try it.
However, it is important to make sure that you have a compatible face shape. The style looks good on long and oval faces. If you still want to crimp but want to avoid potential heat damage to your hair, be sure to limit the portions of hair that you crimp. You can just do your the bangs or go full out a la Barbara Streisand and have your whole hairstyle a mass of crimps. While a crimping iron can provide a wonderful change to an existing hairstyle, it is in the best interest of your hair not to use it on a daily basis.

Proper preparation

* Make sure that your hair is 100 per cent dry before using a crimping iron or any type of heated device (e.g. curling iron, straightening iron, etc.)

* Always apply a heat protection product to your hair before you crimp. For extra protection against heat damage, use a good moisturising shampoo and a good conditioner.

* If your hair is more fragile, consider using a leave-in conditioner that will also act as a heat protector.

The right steps

If you have analysed your face shape, the condition of your hair and have figured out a great way to add crimping to your look follow these steps:

* Finish with a cold water rinse to seal the hair shaft. 

* Towel dry your hair.
* Detangle your hair mane.

* Apply a good heat protection spray.

* Blow dry your hair on the coolest/coldest setting.

What to avoid

* Crimp hair that is heavily damaged from chemical processing or that is prone to breaking.

* Crimp hair that is wet.

The writer is a hair stylist

http://www.deccan.com/Beauty/Beauty.asp#Crimped%20hair%20is% 20back%20in%20vogue

GracellaπŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reema_J thumbnail
Oh my gosh, I have not crimped my hair in the longest time! I think the last time I did it was for my birthday when I was a junior in high school... my best friend insisted on it, it actually looked really good on me! πŸ˜†

I don't know if I would ever crimp my hair again... I just prefer the straight or big-curls look so much more!
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I'm not really the crimping type...don't think it would actually suit me actually.

manshi_singh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i hve naturally curly hair so i dont think crimping is for me πŸ˜ƒ
lilyrosey thumbnail
I have never tried crimping, I prefer curling my hair. I have really straight hair, anyone know of a good curling iron, like the brand? I have one at home but it doesn't curl that well.
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i also tried it long ago, but i looked like a chudail πŸ˜†
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gracella

i also tried it long ago, but i looked like a chudail πŸ˜†

ROFL

and the award for the best answer goes to....πŸ˜†

Crimping...ive tried it when i was little...with braidin my hair...dont think it workd well πŸ˜†

ewww i hate crimped hair on me πŸ˜† am neva gona do it
username88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ohh dat dun suit me lol 2 much volume, n my hair has enuf volume as it is.. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
radha_8 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bewafa

ROFL

and the award for the best answer goes to....πŸ˜†

Crimping...ive tried it when i was little...with braidin my hair...dont think it workd well πŸ˜†

same hereeeπŸ˜†