the books or the movies??

Poll

Which do you like better--the Harry Potter books or the movies?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
*Anjali* thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Which do you like better?  Although the movies are great, I really like the books better b/c they are what started it all (obviously) and the movies don't cover everything the books do.  Yet, the movies are entertaining...let me know what you think.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaleidoscope thumbnail
Movies are good but personally i prefer Harry potter Books..........U know we can use our imagination better in them.
KK_lassi thumbnail

Books are my opinion. Movies dont give the dept and detail..nor can we njoi Ron-Hermoinee clashes as they are in books. True choco, our imagination is sure to be used in books.

But Movies have given us the acting-Charcters to imagine on..(Harry,fred,Ron..etc)..which books couldnt! I prefer books..and also movies...to see HP somewhere else than to imagination.

Morgoth thumbnail

The books hooked me in the first place...If it weren't for the books, I would have never watched the movies.

KK_lassi thumbnail
er.. movies hooked me first..and now i became book loving!
Morgoth thumbnail

Well, I actually thought that the books were childish so I didn't want to read them initially.

Then one day I just saw them in the library and I was bored so I decided to check out the 1st one...My plan was to read the 1st chapter and then do some homework...

No prizes for guessing that I didn't do my homework until I finished the whole book.😆

The movies are enjoyable to watch because of the effects, but I love the books because of the details and extra info on other characters.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 19 years ago
KK_lassi thumbnail

Ohhhh Mystica..i never knew tht...u leaving studies!!

i too never study..now ... if the book is in my hand!

Rifhat thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Due to no access to the books till i get from my sis, i say movies cause the reason i got hooked on Harry Potter was the movie as at first when i heard both the books i just ignored it ! The interest clicked when i watched the movie as i am a keen lover of movies or novels which have magic and adventure in it.

Although i agree that books have more info then the movies but in this case i got hooked on Harry Potter because of the movie.

Cheers,

Rifhat

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I fell in love with the books first, then watched the movies. I like the movies very much but prefer the books anytime 'cuz they r the real wonders. ( or should i say magic? )

Btw Mystica, same is the case with me. I regarded  the books as childish before one of my friends gave me the 1st one to read last yr. I got hooked at once and brought the whole series home.............

Monaji thumbnail

BOOKS..........BOOKS..........BOOKS..........