Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby)

J D Majethia is a miser-BBB actors says

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Cut rate!

Actors say their producer J D Majethia is a miser. Majethia says he 'genuinely' cares for them

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, March 24, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Search
View Comments Rate this Article Comments

Kavita Shyam

A still from Baa Bahoo aur Baby

The cast of popular shows - Ba, Bahoo Aur Baby, Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Instant Khichdi and Resham Dankh - can't deal with their producer J D Majethia's stingy ways. Reportedly,  J D (his nickname) makes the cast members work extra hours, while he pays them meagre salaries.

A source from the unit of Ba, Bahoo Aur Baby informs, "We are overworked and our producer is extremely miserly. He knows exactly how to extract labour from us. Our remuneration is not according to what we deserve. The explanation we get for meagre salaries is that we can get creative fulfillment from working on his shows.  If actors in other shows are paid Rs 15, 000 per day in his shows they are paid only Rs 7-8,000. The one who pays obviously has an upper hand while actors are left begging and bargaining for that extra bit. "What's more, J D is way too interfering when it comes to dialogue delivery and other production values.  "J D has a very keen eye on production details and this irritates artistes. He would hardly give any freedom to the actors. Needless to say, the atmosphere on the set is very formal," adds the source.

Producer JD Majethia
On a recent trip to Singapore, none of the Ba, Bahoo Aur Baby actors were allowed to go for sightseeing. The outrageous producer even made the cast work doubly hard. However, Dharampal Thakur, the director of the show is supportive of J D's style.  He says, "JD might be considered stingy by his actors but he has a good convincing power, which makes people want to work with him. We might crib as he is involved in every aspect of his shows but the final product is fantastic. Since most of his actors are from Gujarati theatre circuit the work atmosphere is very comfortable. We understand his reasons for the budget constraints."

When quizzed about his unpopularity producer Majethia gets emotional. "It hurts to hear such maligning things. I am not a greedy person and I am the only producer who cares for his actors. It is an actor's decision to work with me after hearing out my budget. I am the only producer who has built an in-house gym, made provisions for medical insurance, given advance payments, loans and bought chocolates from Singapore for my other actors. I put in a lot of money in my shows and the effort shows in my work."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonu! thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
tfs.. well no comments.. b/c i cant take either side
Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
thx..u duno what to believe lol i wonder who this source is
shabari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i am on JD 's side....the more one does the more is expected....take comfort of the fact that atleast they were taken to Singapore.
CherryPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
who knows what is the truth and what is not, so better not to comment, but i dont think JD is bad guy.
~nikki~ thumbnail
oooo poor jd
i m on his side
he is totally rite
tfs the article dear
badguy thumbnail
😆 😆 😆 a Miser 😆   ðŸ˜†   ðŸ˜†
KrazEee thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😲 😲 😲 I didn't know that harshad was BBB's producer...
i dont think he's a miser I think he is sensible... afterall the end result is superb and BBB is the only show on Star Plus that is close to a reality.

I am not on either side... and secondly i don't believe the media anyway.. they are always looking for ways to raise their TRP's so no comment.
chandan.maddann thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

One thing to be noticed is, JD is also an actor and he never tries to over project his role, which shows his professionalism.

also, he is a home grown producer, and if people are expecting him to match some MNC production houses, then that is over expectation for sure.

next, we should also notice, that most of his cast are not some major on screen TRP generators, like "Tulsi" etc ...

He introduces lot of theater people, and gives them opportunity to enter Indian telly. again if these actors as soon as they enter, start expecting top rated pays given to these trp generators, than that is also not done.

so there are so many factors,

and with all these, i come to a firm conclusion that JD is a sensible and very talented for sure and also a responsible producer ( actor apart ).

BTW, thanks Monica for this review.

Best,

-- Chandan Maddanna

Edited by chandan.maddann - 16 years ago