Malini Kapoor goes the Sush way

dures thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Malini Kapoor goes the Sush way
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 6, 2007

Malini Kapoor
Though Malini Kapoor may be busy with her small screen pursuits, the actress is a frequent visitor to the Missionaries of Charity orphanage at Vile Parle (West).

And the one desire that she has harboured for years is to adopt a baby.

Though the actress is single she says this is something that has always been in the back of her mind.

"Don't ask me why I visit orphanages or why I have this desire to adopt.

It is just something that I can't describe. I don't want to sound fake but all that I can say is that this is something very personal."

Hopeful

Malini who is currently seen as Zeenat in the SaharaOne drama, Zaara… Pyar Ki Saugat, is hopeful that in the near future she can fulfil her desire of bringing home a girl child.

"I am working hard to achieve this. First, I have to have my finances in place to show to the authorities that I can rear a child. I don't mind the paperwork and the other technicalities but the most important aspect is that I need to get the economics right. Presently I don't know when I will get married, but if I do, it may be a bit easier."

Has she been inspired by Sushmita Sen's case? "You can't imitate such things. I don't want to say that this is my bit to help them or stuff like that. Back home in Kolkata, I was a regular visitor at Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity.

Don't ask me why I used to go there. It was not just a question of seeing the children or buying stuff for them. I used to beg the authorities to take them home.

Most used to take them for an evening out to Victoria Memorial but I preferred to take them home."

She recalls that once she had 20 of them in the age group of three to eight over for home. "It was some time for the kids.

They love going home and one of the boys pleaded with me whether he could stay on. Obviously, he could not stay.

It was a very touching moment and this has endeared with me," says Malini who earlier featured in Meet, Kumkum, Saathiya and Dekho Magar Pyar Se.

"I am aware of the responsibilities and duties all this entails. But this is something that I have decided and will fulfill one day," she concludes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Junglee_Sher thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This also shows that she has a heart of gold