murwareed thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

What is your biggest worry when getting married?

Asha N Maniar, Housewife

"I was married 33 years back. I belonged to a fairly liberal family and was fortunate to have a modern upbringing. But on the contrary, I was married in an orthodox family. So my greatest worry at that time was that how would I live under such strict rules and regulations. Also, coming from a small family adjusting in a joint family was again another problem for me. My husband lived in a small home whereas I came from a relatively larger house. So space and privacy was yet another problem.
Then there were many other small problems, which I suppose every young married girl faces when entering a new phase in her life. But slowly and steadily all my fears were resolved with my husband's help and support."

< name=triple></>

Sai Deodhar, Television actress
"I suppose marriage for every woman leads to a graduating phase from a girl to a woman. So, similarly there were lots of apprehensions in my mind. The most crucial being how would I manage without my Mom and manage things all alone? Also, being a working woman I was wondering whether I would be able to balance my home and work properly, which I still keep on worrying about. But these, I suppose are small problems and if you have a loving and supportive husband (like I have) it becomes all the more easy."