FiLm StaRs Vs FiLmStArS...aRTicLe

jojo_100 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Film stars Vs TV stars

Over the years television has evolved from being a luxury to an absolute necessity. Initially TV was considered as the poor cousin of the big screen. Today that bias is the story of the past. Now, film stars are making a bee line to host shows on TV. Glaring instances being stars like Big B, SRK and Karan Johar. With the film stars lapping up the small screen, the big question is how it impacts the people who have been associated with television for a long time. Is it a threat or a harbinger of new possibilities? We spark the debate and capture some responses from select TV celebs!!

Barkha Bisht

I don't think it is a threat. On the contrary, it just shows how powerful a medium television is considered. If you talk about SRKs new show, since there was nobody in the tellydom to have matched the footprints of Big B, SRK was the apt choice. Now, this is not a threat but an acknowledgement of the power of the small screen.

Maanav Gohil

I guess it is a great development that film stars are coming on to the small screen. It has blurred the old lines of thought when television and films used to be seen as different mediums with little in common. The current trend of film stars doing TV shows would surely help the TV industry evolve into a bigger phenomenon. Like the way small screen has evolved in the West.

Neena Gupta

I don't accept that film stars are a threat to the TV actors. At the same time I won't say that they are adding to the popularity of the medium. The popularity of TV depends on its content and not on who is associated with the show. The content is the real hero, whether or not you have a film star.

Gaurav Chopra

There is nobody in the television industry who matches the fan following of the film stars. I think most of the TV actors have an average appeal. So, when film stars make an entry into television they make it more glamorous than it actually is. In fact TV has managed a lot of popularity owing to the film stars; otherwise it would have been an average medium.

Deepshikha

It is a welcome gesture. Not only does it empower the credibility of the TV medium, but also adds a lot of star quotient to it. Moreover since television is the medium that has an easy access into our drawing rooms, everbody wants to connect with the audiences through this medium. And film stars being no exception.

Edited by jojo_100 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hey jojo thanks for sharing.
gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thx jojo dear for this.. πŸ˜ƒ
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jojo

Gaurav Chopra

There is nobody in the television industry who matches the fan following of the film stars. I think most of the TV actors have an average appeal. So, when film stars make an entry into television they make it more glamorous than it actually is. In fact TV has managed a lot of popularity owing to the film stars; otherwise it would have been an average medium.

Thanx Jojo for sharing the article....

However I would like to say something here...

I agree that film stars have larger than life image and hence have huge fan following.....and TV stars don't have such larger than life image because they appear on small screen....But as far as TV as a medium is concerned now a days...I think its very popular😊...Every film producer chooses a TV serial to promote new movies...It was not so before ...those times when only doordarshan used to be there...Did we see any movie maker or film star promoting his filmsπŸ˜›...Did you see Amitabh Bachchan promoting "Satte pe Satta " on TVπŸ˜‰.... but now he does..." for very movie.... Not only him....in every other TV show ...we hear promotion of new movies...and film stars don't forget to appear in TV serials just to promote their movies...πŸ˜ƒ

Moreover different people have different reasons to watch TV... it totally depends on what you wanna see... I am sure most of the people watch TV for good content... and can miss film stars for that reason.... πŸ˜Š ...

So I don't compeltely agree that TV has gained popularity due to film stars...... Television itself is very powerful these days.....Film stars add glamour to it...upto an extent...but thats not the sole reason for TV's popularity.😊

Edited by superbike - 17 years ago
gulrani thumbnail
thanks jojojaan for sharing this news .... πŸ˜ƒ
vasantha_rao07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Teena..you seem to take our thoughts and put themπŸ˜†  πŸ˜†...and in a beautiful wayπŸ‘..

I think it's time we started mentioning in our posts...(Reference....teena.)...we don't need to add anything extra..πŸ˜†.....But must say....you say it completely..πŸ˜ƒ

I agree with you in toto.I think GC is wrong to a certain extent.While I agrre that there is no comparison between TV and Film stars.....we need to accept that the telly guys are liked by many(Read mostly gals and women)..

I was really surprised to know the immense fan following of Rajiv Khandelwal.........Perhaps the guy deserves..... the way many were hooked to the show when he was in KTH.

soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well Vasu I'll do the honours in reference to Tenna I agree whole heartedly. 😊
vasantha_rao07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blind horizon

Well Vasu I'll do the honours in reference to Tenna I agree whole heartedly. 😊

πŸ‘yes,horizon.....Teena rightly deserves it..πŸ˜ƒ

gulrani thumbnail

Originally posted by: vasantha_rao07

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Teena..you seem to take our thoughts and put themπŸ˜†  πŸ˜†...and in a beautiful wayπŸ‘..

I think it's time we started mentioning in our posts...(Reference....teena.)...we don't need to add anything extra..πŸ˜†.....But must say....you say it completely..πŸ˜ƒ

I agree with you in toto.I think GC is wrong to a certain extent.While I agrre that there is no comparison between TV and Film stars.....we need to accept that the telly guys are liked by many(Read mostly gals and women)..

I was really surprised to know the immense fan following of Rajiv Khandelwal.........Perhaps the guy deserves..... the way many were hooked to the show when he was in KTH.

not only Rajiv Khandelwal , even Aamna Shariff ,  is very popular but still compare to film stars they are nothing in front of them .... Yes tv stars are mainly liked by female viewers , but when it comes to film stars , they are liked by both female,men and children too 😊.  I also agree that small screen got more popular because of film stars .  They have brought varieties of shows , like live performances , award functions .  all the interviews done with stars are mainly bollywood stars...like Simi Garewal show or coffee with karan etc... 

gauravchopraa thumbnail
Well, considering my 'close' friends :)are discussing this. . Id like to tell u that my quote is absolutely wrong. . I had not Said this at all. . . My pt was filmstars r in diff league. And tv shows are not just star driven. . The show,characterisations makes the stars. . Mostly. . And just to add. . I'm here. . Very much so. . Just been preoccupied. . Will get back in my post soon. . Love. .