Surbhi Tiwari’s new wheels

Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Surbhi Tiwari's new wheels
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 19, 2007

Aaja Meri Gaadi Mein Baith Jaa! Surbhi Tiwari in her new car         &nb sp;         &nb sp;   
On the occasion of Mahashivratri, Surbhi Tiwari acquired a brand new set of wheels — a Tata Indigo Marina.

The telly actress, who is seen in soaps like Kulvaddhu on Sony and Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi on Doordarshan, is a firm believer in astrology.

So everything related to the colour and the timing when the vehicle was driven out of the showroom in Kandivili had to be perfect.

"My father is into astrology but we have a panditji whom we consult. Initially, I had thought of February 14 as it was Valentine's Day.

But as it fell on a Wednesday, it was not a lucky day for me. Moreover, as it was Mahashivratri time, I was told to take delivery of the car on that day."

It was the panditji who told her that silver was a suitable colour and the number plate digits should have the number nine. "I personally went to get the car registration and other paperwork and insurance done," says Surbhi, who will also be seen in Aroona Irani's new show, Doli Saja Ke.

Letting go

"This is the second car bought with my own money," beams Surbhi, who previously had a Maruti Zen. "I don't drive myself but have a driver.

After shooting for 14 hours, who has the energy to drive home late in the night?"
The delivery of the car was a big family affair for the actress. "I was told by the panditji that the timing between 10.15 am and 10.30 am was perfect. This also suited me fine as from 2 pm I had to be on location," adds Surbhi.

The actress has sold off her old car and it proved to be a very emotional affair. "I had it for several years, so I was very emotionally attached to it. I had bought it when I was acting in Shagun.

Letting it go was a big thing for me. It was as if I was losing something. I was literally in tears!"

Milind's gyaan

She was guided by her Kulvaddhu co-stars to pencil in on the Tata Marina Indigo. "Milind Gunaji guided me a lot. Besides being an actor, he is also an engineer. He told me that it gives good mileage.

This is extremely important to me as I reside in Bhayandar so my daily travel time is quite a lot."

Next on the actress' agenda is a new house. "After a while though," says Surbhi, who was also seen in shows like Kumkum and Pyaar Ke Do Naam — Ek Raadha Ek Shyaam.