'I love being showered with attention'-ni

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

'I love being showered with attention'

Nigaar Khan

Nigaar Khan says she's much like the character she plays in 'Yes Boss'

From playing a vamp to the mistress of comedy the talented actor has done it all. Nigaar Khan of 'Yes Boss' (SAB) and 'Kasamh Se' (Zee) gets talking

Did you enjoy your stint in 'Kasamh Se'?
My character in the serial is in jail as of now. It's not sure whether she will come back. But it was a lovely role in an extremely popular show. It was a good learning experience.

Like your character in 'Yes Boss', do you also have a soft spot for men who shower you with attention?
Yes I do have a spot for those who are kind to me. But it applies to all—male and female. I love attention like anybody.

Can you share an interesting anecdote that happened on the sets?
In 'Yes Boss', Angelina (my character), had to disguise as Saraswati, a geeky looking girl. When I saw myself on the screen I couldn't recognise myself. I couldn't stop laughing.  I was a replica of Jassi with thick glasses and a weird hairdo.

Do you want to join films?
As of now, I don't have any such plans. Moreover I don't believe in planning my life. I just go with the flow. Acting just happened to me. I never intended to become an actor. If movies have to happen they will. 

Are you happy with your career?
Yes! I have had a fine share of comedy, negative and serious roles in my kitty in a short span.

What has been the best compliment you have received so far?
My director Bhushan Patel's compliment touched my heart. He praised me for my professionalism and not just  my outer beauty. Everybody praises your looks but very few appreciate your talent and inner strength.

What is inspiring about working in 'Yes Boss'?
The biggest kick is acting with Rakesh Bedi and Asash Sheikh. They make me laugh throughout the schedule.

What are your future plans?
I have a show coming up. My role is very different from what I have done so far. Apart from that, I would love to do meaningful roles with less make-up —the 'arty' types!

cheers

resh