Update 3rdJan’07- Enter Mouli

kanak1309 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi Friends😊,

Hope your Weekdays were good and hoping ur weekends are great too…😳
Ready for a marathon??😉😉

Here we start  😃

First the headlines

1. Urmi is going to take part is a singing competition organized by Radio City.
  2. The Bengali family get the limelight from today…👏
  3. Mahua's parents complain about Saurabh's coming late from the office
  4. New entry … Mouli … makes the 3 of the 4 deewane go ga ga over her. Jugle is the only stickler with Urmi👏👏
  5. Mahua's parents don't like Mouli wearing short dresses… when they makes her wear a saree she trips and falls on Saurabh
  6. Saurabh shows Mouli around Colonel Gunj… ppl cant take their eyes off her
  7. 3 deewane (Rahul, Mushtaq and Hari) play Carom with Mouli and lose😆😆

Now the full summary

Urmi and Zoya go to a little stall of Radio City (Kal ka Sitara) and take a participation form for an audition for a singing competition. The stall has a guy in orange shirt and he is pretty matter-of-fact with ppl who come to take the forms🤢. When Urmi asks what kind of song she should sing he says she could even sing an item number😆 and when Urmi asks will Malaika and Saroj (of Nach Baliye fame) come to judge… he makes a rude comment saying this is a mohalla… such ppl don't come to judge shows in the mohalla.😡

The 4 deewane who are watching Urmi and Zoya standing beside the stall are taking deep breaths!😉

When the girls come near them they ask … "All set?"

She says "abhi kahan, abhi to sirf form liya hai". To this Hari says… the most difficult part is over.. now all u have to do it stand in front of the judge… ul be selected anyways 😆😆😆

Jugle asks which song will she be singing.😳

Urmi replies – an old sad song. To this Mushtaq makes a sad long face and acts as if he is soo sad.😛😛 When asked why is he doing it…he says "Bhavnao ko samjho yaaro" 😉😆😛

Urmi tells them that she will be singing a song called "Mere dushman jo mere dosti ko tarse".😉 (Iv never heard this song😕…. Is this some song anyways? Or was she just taunting them?)

A little distance away a fish-seller arrives calling "Machchi le lo…"

The Bengali family… (let me first introduce them… there is Mahua, the wife of Saurabh (played by Ashish Roy) and her parents who've come to stay with Mahua for a few days.) They call the fish seller and after a little bargaining (absolute Bengali style…. I loved this!!😆😆😆) they buy Katla fish for Rs. 75/-

They decide to prepare the Katla fish in mustard (shorshe bata katla….. yum!!)😳😳😳

Its night time now –

The family is still waiting for Saurabh to arrive from his office. The parents complain about him getting late everyday.

Saurabh arrives… the 4 deewane who have gone back to their usual routine of playing carom and passing comments on ppl passing by😉 comment that its better that they waste time instead of coming back late from work. Mushtaq says a sher…

"jo kuch nahi karte kamaal karte hai

Wo subah shaam (after thinking) dhamaal karte hai"👏👏👏

Hearing this, Rahul comments … "agar tune shayari likhna shuru kiya hai… to jaldi bandh kar de nahi to main tujhe bandh kar duunga!!"😆😆

Saurabh enters his house, exhausted. His wife asks him about the day but he doesn't answer… he goes inside. Her parents taunt him that he seems to be overtiming too much.

Mahua finds Saurabh sitting in his table and looking into some office papers. She comments "ghar pe ate hi office khol diya… chalo khana kha lo… ma baba kya sochenge😕… jamai babu ko hamare liye bilkul time nahi😳" (as soon as u come home u start ur office here too…. Come lets have dinner… what must my parents think when they see that their son in law don't have any time for them). Saurabh does not give any attention to her. Mahua feels sad and she says that its been 2 years that he is coming late from office… earlier he used to go late and come early just to be with her… and now he doesn't even have time to talk to her… she asks her if he is thinking of divorcing her because she was never able to give him any child!!😭

She starts to cry😭. Saurabh tries to console her and says sorry for not giving any attention to her and tells her that the child she is talking about is not just hers but also his. He then lightens her mood saying "mujhe kitni bhuukh lagi hai aur tum mujhe aansuun pe aasuun pilayi jaa rahi ho" (im feeling so hungry and u r making me have tears!!)😆😆😆

She smiles a little and asks him "kaise khaoge?"… he jokingly replies… "laet ke khauunga" 😆

She tells him she's made Ilish maach (Hilsa fish)…….. (but how can they have Hilsa fish if they bought Katla????.............. BLOOPER ALERT)😡😡

So, the family eat in the dining room…

Saurabh to lessen the tension in the room serves his in-laws and talks to them very nicely telling them that they should come more often… every 6 months… Mahua feels bad without them.😳 But his in-laws say that they were asked not to come for the past 2 years. They try to change the topic then. The father lectures to his son-in-law… "maine bhi office mein kaam kiya hai beta… par meri patni se pooch… aisa kabhi nahi hua ki maine use taqleef di hai"

Saurabh is hurt. Mahua tries to take his mind off this comment. She tries to serve him… he says no… she forces and as a result the hot spoon touches Saurabh's hand and it almost burns his hand. He is obviously in a bad mood now.😕

His father-in-law tries to cheer him up … asks him to get the famous paan of his locality.😳

Saurabh goes to the paanwala near Ratiram's caf. He asks for paan … the paanwala asks him whether he would put some supari in the paan or not… Saurabh, who is preoccupied with what his in-laws said, asks him to put in some poison in the paan also😕😕.

The 4 deewane who are playing carom nearby hear this and (to taunt Saurabh da😆) they ask Rangila chacha (the Paanwala) to put some poison……. In their paan😉😆😛. Saurabh is irritated with them… he blabbers something and goes. Just then the 4 deewane hear Urmi singing "Mora Saiyaan bulawe…". Jugle falls down from his stool saying Urmi mujhe bula rahi hai (Urmi's calling me) 😆 (Jugle is just soooo cute na!!)

In Sandip's house… Sandip is trying to teach Urmi this song but Urmi finds the pitch very high… she sings many pitch lower. Sandip remarks "itna neeche gaaogi to competition mein neeche hi reh jaogi".😆 Sujata comes to encourage Urmi and gives her almonds (which is supposed to be very good for the brain😉). Sandip says … she has to improve her voice and not her brain… infact it would be good to feed the judges some almonds so that they are able to understand what Urmi's singing!!😆

In the Ghosh house –
Saurabh is going to sleep. Mahua is chatting with him. She apologizes for the dinner mishap and tells him that her cousin Mouli will be coming the next day. She talks about Mouli… how she was when they had got married some years ago. She was very young and during their marriage she had sat on his lap saying that she will not get up unless she marries him along with Mahua di.😆 That time to get her leave his lap he had promised her that he would get married to her when she comes of age!  (I got reminded of Kabuliwala!!! 😆) …. Now that she will be coming from London after so long … what she looked like they dint know.

While Mahua was saying all this she dint realize but Saurabh had slept already.

Next morning –
Saurabh is getting ready to go to his office. Mahua comes and tries to tell him about Mouli but Saurabh gives her no attention and he finds a file which he was looking for and goes.

The 4 deewane outside are watching Urmi and Zoya go towards the Rose beauty parlor. They discuss the consequence if Urmi wins the contest and gets a chance to go to Mumbai for her career. Mushtaq wants to learn to sing so that he can accompany Urmi to Mumbai. The others laugh at him.😆

Just then a taxi enters the locality and out comes a petite girl with high heels and shirt black dress looking like Rani Mukherjee in KKHH.👏 The 4 deewane when see her…

"Ye kya aa gayi mohalle mein"

"Pataka"😆😉

"Par diwali to gayi ab pataka ane se kya hoga!!"😳😆😛 (this one was said by Jugle who is the only one who is not smitten by this petite beauty like his other friends).

The consequence of seeing her is pretty ghastly for others… the waiter drops his tray filled with 6 cups of tea/coffee😛, a coconut seller breaks his coconut in such a way that the coconut water comes out like a fountain😃, a girlfriend slaps her boyfriend because he couldn't take his eyes off this new entrant 😛😛😛 and the elders…. They peep out of their newspaper 😆(which is so funny!!)

Mahua sees Mouli and somewhat recognizes her. They hug and exchange pleasantries (seeing Shweta Gulati talking in Bengali was simply Awesome… thanx to the producers for such a casting!!👏)

The 3 deewane minus Jugle are besotted by this new beauty in the locality.😆

Mushtaq says "mujhe ek khichaav sa ho raha hai"😉

Rahul says "mera dil dhak dhak karne ke bajaye, dhann dhann kar raha hai"😉😛😆

Hari says that his heart is beating without any breaks!😉😉😆

Jugle cannot believe… his friends who just a few minutes ago were discussing about Urmi are now obsessing over some other girl. He is irritated with them.😳😳

But the 3 guys are still dreamy eyed…😉

Mushtaq says "yaar mujhe English film dekhne ka mann kar raha hai"😉😉

Rahul finishes his sentence "urdu subtitle ke saath… chalo acha hai ek to race se bahar.."😆😆

Hari finishes this sentence "tu kab hoga!!" 😛 (wow!!! These 4 guys' chemistry between them is just too good…. We've seen the emotional side for the last 2 weeks… now it's the funny side… I love this!!)

Mahua is excited about Mouli's arrival… she asks her parents whether Mouli might like chilli in the food or not… "pata nahi London wale kaisa khana khate hai"😃

Mouli had been taking a bath and when she comes out she looks ravishing in a short pink dress, hair wet and eyes shining to brighten a hundred lights👏. Mahua's parents and she are not happy to see her wearing this. They ask her to change to a sari. Mahua forces her into one.😆

While the 3 guys are still swooning they watch Saurabh coming back home… so early… before his usual 9 o'clock. As he reaches his door he is just about to enter when Mouli trips and falls on him… he catches her into his arms.😳 Mouli had been actually wearing a yellow sari, bindi and necklace. She tripped because of her long sari.😕

Seeing this the 3 guys commented😉

"wo mera catch tha"😉

"Saurabh da to pehle se out ho chuke hai"😉😆

"wo abhi bhi batting kaise kar sakte hai"😆😆😉

Mahua comes out and sees Mouli in Saurabh's arms. Mouli gets up and feels stupid.😳😳😳

On going inside, Mouli says that it was all because of the sari that she tripped… she goes inside her room. Saurabh takes Mouli's side and says it doesn't matter wat Mouli wants to wear… its absolutely fine with whatever she wants coz that is how she's gonna feel confortable. Mouli comes out saying "now im fine"…… she is now wearing her style of dress…. A short white balloon skirt with red colored V-necked lace top. She looks great now!!!👏 Saurabh compliments her and says she looks better in this London-style of dressing. Even when his in-laws protest he sides Mouli. Mouli asks Saurabh to take her around the locality as she wants to start her world tour with this spacious and beautiful Colonel Gunj.👏

Mahua asks him why did he come so early… he says he had come to take papers but now he will take his saali around the locality.

Saurabh takes her out…

Mouli asks Saurabh … "yahan koi gunja colonel raha karta tha?" 😆

He says he doesn't know that but he knows one thing … whoever comes to this place wants to stay here forever.👏

Urmi and Zoya were watching not only the new girl in the locality but also the deewane who couldn't get their eyes off this new girl… "dekho kaise jeebh latkaye hue hai… jee chahta hai ki unki zabaan ukhad loon".😆

Saurabh brings Mouli to Urmi and Zoya… they exchange introductions. Urmi asks what does Mouli do.. she says she's a school teacher… "u know I love kids"😳

Saurabh remarks "are wah mujhe bhi bache bahut ache lagta hai" (oh I love kids too!!)😊

Just then Rahul comes with a rose, saying "a rose for a rose… me Rahul"😆😆

Mouli graciously accepts the rose and says "hi Rahul nice to meet u"

Rahul says "same"😉

Saurabh does not like Rahul flirting with Mouli and he makes him leave.😉

Saurabh tells Mouli about Urmi's singing. Mouli asks what songs does she sing. Urmi proudly says I learn classical. Mouli says I can understand it must be very difficult. She asks her which raag is learning now. Urmi replies "Sindhu Bhairvi"

Mouli is able to find a song in that raag… "ajho na aaye balma…" Saurabh applauds Mouli's depth of knowledge.👏

Urmi surely does not like it. Saurabh tells Mouli about Sandip  saying u should meet him. Urmi is insecure and she says  - he is not here now… il tell him when he returns.😆😆😆

Saurabh and Mouli take a few steps… and just then Mouli turns around and says (as if she has sensed Urmi's hostility) "I just hope I found a friend there". Urmi looks on confused and a bit guilty.😳

Mouli and Saurabh go towards the caf. The 3 guys are waiting for her. Jugle is also there but he keeps seated while the other 3 have stood to receive Mouli!😆 Mouli sweetly (flirtatiously)😳 says hello to each and asks them about carom… …. Who is the champion here…… (each try to show that they r the champions) …… which level do u play in… college, state etc? (to this one whispers to another's ear… "hum to kabhi college gaye hi nahi"😆)

Mouli says that she'd like to see how good players they are…

They then play a game of carom… Hari vs. Mouli…(of course initially against saurabh's wish but later he gets involved too… he keeps encouraging Mouli)😛😆

Mouli is winning the game… she's got the queen.👏

All she needs is the cover. There is a little drama here…😃

Mahua is waiting for them for tea… her parents warn her about saurabh's interest on Mouli… Mahua says… they thinking too much…

She goes out to call them

Outside… Mouli gets the cover and she shrieks with happiness👏… and she and Saurabh hug each other in celebration.😊

Mahua watches them doing so…Her reactions, u can understand… so no need to describe!😳

Alrite guys… at last this longest update is over… I hope u were able to read thru the whole story…😳

I coudnt stop myself from writing so much even when I have this inflammation in the eyelid which is paining like hell😭… but I still coudnt give anybody else to do the update… coz not many ppl understand Bengali here and I really really wanted to update!!😳

Anyways… thanx for reading…😉

Do comment😳

Luv
Kanak😊

Edited by tere_bin - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zarna thumbnail
thanks for the amazing update yay im the first to reply. 😊
~Khizer~ thumbnail

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks so much Kanak !!!😳

u r gr8 kanak thx a tonne was waiting for ur gr8 update u r such a sweetheart thx
kanak1309 thumbnail
Thanx a lot guys....
aapne to mera pura post karne se pehle hi reply kar diya... cool 👏

thanx again...

luv
kanak
DaY-dReAmEr thumbnail
great update as always!!! 👏 Thanks a lot!!
Lincoln thumbnail
Hi Kanak,
I don't know abt others, but I sure love long updates 😉 😃 . Today's episode sounds real fun...looks like suvonkarji lived up to his word 👏 .

I didn't know you were a bengali...I really appreciate your comments without which I wouldn't have got the bengali flavor.

Thanks a lot, as usual your updates rock👏 . I hope your eye inflammation subsides soon. But you also need to take some rest which means you should not be sitting in front of computer 😉 😛 .

mini_nee thumbnail
thanks soooooo much....... 😊
poo_supi thumbnail
Great update..... 👏 👏 👏
kanak1309 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lincoln

Hi Kanak,
I don't know abt others, but I sure love long updates 😉 😃 . Today's episode sounds real fun...looks like suvonkarji lived up to his word 👏 .

I didn't know you were a bengali...I really appreciate your comments without which I wouldn't have got the bengali flavor.

Thanks a lot, as usual your updates rock👏 . I hope your eye inflammation subsides soon. But you also need to take some rest which means you should not be sitting in front of computer 😉 😛 .

Hi Lincoln,
I agree, he did live up to his word this time 👏

Btw, I'm not a bengali... but yes, I do understand the language as Iv stayed all my life in Kolkata 😳
and Thanx for the appreciaition.... I sincerely hoped you would like it 😳

As for my inflammation, I got the medicine today... will be having it in an hour.... I hope it subsides too coz it hurts 😭😭😭
anyways.... my sitting in front of the computer makes me forget my pain... so id better be here with u all only 😆

luv
kanak
Edited by tere_bin - 17 years ago