mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but I have seen only 3 movies of his: Highway, Sarabjit, and Love Aaj Kal 2. In each, he was fantastic.

But his performance in Highway...why is it so under-appreciated? I mean, everyone was talking about Alia but he was 10 times better than Alia! He stole the show!

It's not an easy genre, it's not an easy role. But he was fantastic in it. I mean, he nailed the role.

He brought such depth and authenticity to his character Mahabir Bhati.

I will even go so far as to say Highway is HIS film. 

Thoughts???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Going with the topic title: no, it has nothing to do with "stole the show" imo... the performances where well done from more than one side... one of the very good Imtiaz Ali movies among all those of him I enjoyed.

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I think I watched the movie 9 yrs back, I don't remember any of his scenes except one scene where Alia bhat slept on his chest in one of the last few scenes . But again all I remember in the movie now is that Ali Ali song and that her sleeping on his chest scene I mentioned above,that's it! 

mintyblue thumbnail

Let's agree to disagree.

Alia's performance was mediocre at best.

Edited by mintyblue - 1 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Let's agree to disagree.

Alia's performance was medicore at best.

bold: you're welcome smiley1

As for Alia: I didn't find it "mediocre" as it had been just her 2nd movie (as an adult).

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

We still remember Highway because of Randeep, Imtiaz and Alia in that order.

However,Alia’s sycophants and PR successfully created a fake perception that it was because of Alia, Alia and Alia. And the stupid audience, like with every delulu stories, went with it. 

mintyblue thumbnail

PERFECTsmiley20

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Preach sister.

Hooda Sahab was acting in another zone as mahabir.

Other wasn't even comparable.

Sadly, someone pr took over, neither he got any award but reward in getting mainstream good roles from such peak performance.

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

If anything he made Alia a bit bearable. There was a certain tenderness in his acting which had me sold on Mahabir-Veera. The bus stop scene toh I re-watch because that moment of relief gives you a sense of them being each other's home. They almost had something, but then they didn't. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Why does anyone have to steal the show?

It is a movie not a rat's race..movies are collaboration..a team work..it takes a village to make one..we are only seeing the actors on screen so we often forget what they are doing is also a by product of so many other people and a team than just themselves

Highway was a beautfiul movie..one of Imtiyaz's best and i think his last good movie? Randeep and Alia both made ways to elevate each other's performances..it is action/ reaction at the end of the day..both handled their parts really well..

We need to get over the idea of who stole the show..who was better..etc etc..yes we are obsessed with it and it is about to happen next week with the crew again where the only focus at the end be..who stole the show..but.movies are so so much more and at the end of the day..if you have liked the movie..the actors have done a good job..coz you cannot like a movie otherwise..and thats all what counts..