Poll

How are you liking the story of UKA so far?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

I personally am b/w option 1&2. I'm loving the story as is, and the way they've set up the BG and characters. Only felt yesterday's epi was a bit drag.

I am hopeful for SaChi scenes to start from wedding too, so it can attract more audience.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1PinkRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Option 3 for me. Because I am fed up seeing Maa ka Chamcha Majboor Beta ML, ML going ping pong between wife and mistress/ex, Furniture Dad, Ji hazoori extended family members muft ka maal todne wale, Chugalkhor society.

Even if Elder brother is Nalla still he has the charm to entertain audience with his mountain sized overconfidence and  ego.

I am glad ki Paresh uncle is not a star ka typical Joru ka Ghulam type Husband . Saant swabhav ke principled man hai, jinka khud ka dimag hai aur usko woh khud utilise karte smiley27. Unke aur Sachin ki Bonding toh mera favourite part hai smiley27. Aur unke colleague/dost uncle ki bonding dekhna mujhe acha laga qnki woh bohut balanced aadmi hai jo overly emotional nahi hain aur reality check dene ke liye hamesha rehte hai Paresh uncle ke saath.

Fingers crossed ki FL ko overly mahanta ka idol nahi dikhayenge yeh makers jese baaki mein hota haie. Baaki ML-FL ki funny banter arranged marriage ke baad ,abhi itna hasi majak theek nahi lagega due to her situation.

Edited by 1PinkRose1 - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: 1PinkRose1

Option 3 for me. Because I am fed up seeing Maa ka Chamcha Majboor Beta ML, ML going ping pong between wife and mistress/ex, Furniture Dad, Ji hazoori extended family members muft ka maal todne wale, Chugalkhor society.

So true. Plus 3rd angles and that too with siblings.

Even if Elder brother is Nalla still he has the charm to entertain audience with his mountain sized overconfidence and  ego. Haha that interview scene was hilarious. Delulu on another level. Giving proper takkar to Steve.

I am glad ki Paresh uncle is not a star ka typical Joru ka Ghulam type Husband . Saant swabhav ke principled man hai, jinka khud ka dimag hai aur usko woh khud utilise karte smiley27. Unke aur Sachin ki Bonding toh mera favourite part hai smiley27. Aur unke colleague/dost uncle ki bonding dekhna mujhe acha laga qnki woh bohut balanced aadmi hai jo overly emotional nahi hain aur reality check dene ke liye hamesha rehte hai Paresh uncle ke saath.

Fingers crossed ki FL ko overly mahanta ka idol nahi dikhayenge yeh makers jese baaki mein hota haie. Baaki ML-FL ki funny banter arranged marriage ke baad ,abhi itna hasi majak theek nahi lagega due to her situation.

Yes, so true on Paresh. And when see his banter with his wife, it some what seems realistic with her side dialogues. The typical jhagadalu parents gen couple. 

Agreed on FL. Her taking stand for what's right would be good.

Edited by Mountains_Lakes - 1 months ago
King07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I just want the Shaadi track to start and witness how Sailee and Sachin be there for one another in terms of the responsibilities they have and how their love for each other will begin aswell. 

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Seeing the "Don't like it- prefer 3rd angle ITV shows" option made me go smiley37

Though, honestly speaking, I was split between 2 and 4. Ultimately went with option 4.

UKA has it's own charm. However, one of it's biggest downfalls (personally speaking) is that it moves too fast. If we put aside having more SaChi scenes, I wish we had more time with each character and their bonds. For example, more of Sachin and his younger brother. More of Sayali and her father.

Yes, I enjoy how they are staying true to the original (quite a feat since many shows stray from the source material). However, given this is an adaptation, I want to see them build the story in ways the original had not (otherwise why remake when you could just dub the original). 

For example, the promo where Sachin used a plastic bag to prevent water from falling on Sayali while she was sleeping was a nice creative change. And I was hoping they would make similar creative changes in Sachin and Sayali's pre-marriage scenes as those would add depth to their characters. 

I'll describe a creative change. The scene in episode 2 where a drunk Sachin grabs onto Sayali's flower bag is very similar to the OG. However, in the Telugu version, the ML spills all the flowers in the FL's basket. And the FL, to get back at him, uses her hair pin to puncture the ML's car tire. The ML then annoyingly tells his friends how evil the FL is. The scene pretty much set the stage for how the ML and FL's married life would be, as the FL returns all of the grievances the ML gives her.

I kind of wish it was the same in the Hindi version. As much as I want to see their married life, as that is where a lot of the fun is, I want to know Sachin and Sayali before they are burdened with marrying someone they do not like. Because after they get married, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. There are quite a few fights as it will take time for Sachin and Sayali to accept each other.

Hence, I think my proper answer is, "It's okay but wish there were more SaChi scenes"

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I really like this show, it’s quality content without dragging things too much and the acting is top notch from everyone!  BUTTTT on the flip side we can’t savor meet-cutes because they have moved on to something else. From a show pov, they aren’t cashing in on many good moments. I wish they dragged out the theft of the bike a couple of episodes and give us layers to Saylis pain without showing Tejas dancing around with his GF. That’s kinda jarring! 

I know they are moving quickly towards the marriage so I am hoping things slow down after that so we can savor the moments of the show 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I wish the heroine would tone down her ideal beti/behan character a bit. The little sister is right. She spoiled the brother.

Shradha.08 thumbnail

I am liking the story as it's not a typical iTV show! It has 2 strong characters who are totally contrasting, chase their respective dreams against the odds they are facing in their daily lives.

It's fresh without any unwanted drama and is making me connect to the chars!

The cast is doing an exceptional job and as of now am enjoying the show.

Waiting for the shaadi track and more #SaChi moments in the upcoming 

Kharkar_manali thumbnail

I like the storyline specially father- son bond & light family drama🥺❤️

I am exciteddddd for the Sachin's story & Sachi's love story waiting for the upcoming twists & turns🔥❤️ hope this show running long a way🤞🤞 I am watching this show becuse of I love Sachin a lot but specially for kanwar🤩❤️

Posted: 26 days ago

Originally posted by: milkcakejamun

Seeing the "Don't like it- prefer 3rd angle ITV shows" option made me go smiley37

Though, honestly speaking, I was split between 2 and 4. Ultimately went with option 4.

UKA has it's own charm. However, one of it's biggest downfalls (personally speaking) is that it moves too fast. If we put aside having more SaChi scenes, I wish we had more time with each character and their bonds. For example, more of Sachin and his younger brother. More of Sayali and her father.

Yes, I enjoy how they are staying true to the original (quite a feat since many shows stray from the source material). However, given this is an adaptation, I want to see them build the story in ways the original had not (otherwise why remake when you could just dub the original). 

For example, the promo where Sachin used a plastic bag to prevent water from falling on Sayali while she was sleeping was a nice creative change. And I was hoping they would make similar creative changes in Sachin and Sayali's pre-marriage scenes as those would add depth to their characters. 

I'll describe a creative change. The scene in episode 2 where a drunk Sachin grabs onto Sayali's flower bag is very similar to the OG. However, in the Telugu version, the ML spills all the flowers in the FL's basket. And the FL, to get back at him, uses her hair pin to puncture the ML's car tire. The ML then annoyingly tells his friends how evil the FL is. The scene pretty much set the stage for how the ML and FL's married life would be, as the FL returns all of the grievances the ML gives her.

I kind of wish it was the same in the Hindi version. As much as I want to see their married life, as that is where a lot of the fun is, I want to know Sachin and Sayali before they are burdened with marrying someone they do not like. Because after they get married, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. There are quite a few fights as it will take time for Sachin and Sayali to accept each other.

Hence, I think my proper answer is, "It's okay but wish there were more SaChi scenes"

Avi, always loved to read whay you write. I was always for letting the story go with flow and letting ihe wind take the course. Because usually when Hindi creatives add their dimag, the story goes south. And I'm loving the story. But reading what you described as a creative change in Telugu, is nice. I wouldn't mind these small changes.

Also, lol contradicting from my original post- as that was made a while back (at least per UKA epi wise),  I feel the story is going a bit to slow. I don't mind such scenes that you described, but lately certains scenes are just dragged or come off as a bit repetitive. Maybe that's the intention to show that how these people are inherently and technically, in real life we all follow a same routine - mostly. But some cute nok jhok wouldn't hurt.