Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

TW : Child abuse, grooming, child marriage, paedophila

Sorry don't watch this show and sorry if this post offends anyone. Came across this promo on TV. I actually love Shagun's acting from KUDCA days

https://youtu.be/5HMzG2Qacf4

But this show essentially is normalising and even romanticising a non-platonic relationship between a minor and a fully grown adult. An adult who is in the executive branch no less.

Going on my years of itv shitposting, they either were forced to marry at gunpoint and/or to save her izzat/life.

Itv (and global showbiz at large) has an issue of sexualisation of child actors. ITV is especially complicit in casting minors as adult romantic FLs against men double their age. Reem in Rabta, Ashnoor, Sumbul, Shagun's counterpart in KUDCA, Niharika in Faltu come to mind. This is inherently exploitative.

These female characters are mainly barely legal adults finding themselves in highly traumatising, lopsided, high-stakes romantic relationships with male characters double their ages. 

These topics are very inappropriate for impressionable child actors in the first place even if there is no explicit sexualisation in the shows. That's why I find Aurra's or even her older counterpart's casting in Barrister Babu disgusting. Minors should be taught to recognise grooming and sexual exploitation rather than being made to internalise traumatising marital politics. Aurra should have been reading about Rammohun Roy in school instead of playing a child bride 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

Don't know if the actor playing the FL in this show is an adult or not (I desperately hope they are for the sake of their own mental and emotional safety and growth) but the FL as a character itself is a minor and in love with her husband who is a cop?

And he is shown to be slowly getting attracted to his child bride?

https://youtu.be/K9WYnebIFT4

Even if there is no sexual undercurrent in their scenes, how the hell does a normal, well-balanced, non-criminal adult fall in love with a minor with no world experience? Or, remotely finds them attractive in any way?

And even if I ignore that there is no way an adult, a cop no less, cannot accurately gauge the age of a young person, what excuse is there for a cop to not get a (forced) marriage annulled or registered for his job requirements which would have anyhow revealed the age of the minor FL?

And the current plotpoint exposes the age of the child bride to drive an angsty angle between the leads. ONE OF WHOM IS LITERALLY A CHILD? The narrative poses it as a fault of fate or the FL instead of slapping a POSCO case on the ML. 

This show is literally paedophilia apologia.The videos are filled with comments of "Pati ho toh Veer jaisa." Actors like Shagun and Tejasswi need to hold themselves responsible for the kind of scripts they choose  NCW needs to shut it down for all the harm it is doing to young audience. 

The producers needs to be booked because wtf.

PSA : Young people, that older guy/woman who is telling you that you are mature for your age" or  that they "love you" is grooming you and you need to tell your parents and report them ASAP. They are harming you and can cause even more dire harm. They do not love you. They are predators. You are not at fault.

Tagging people I know with whom I have had similar convos.

Edited by Blueeeee - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Agree but there are many such real life cases where such thing happens due to family pressures or as here and in  Barrister babu again  they want to save the FLs  Many of the story start with some social concept and then go on to Saas Bahu concepts and the deterioration starts 

Edited by PutijaChalhov - 1 months ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

edited

Edited by PutijaChalhov - 1 months ago
elaichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

you’re absolutely correct I’m truly shocked that this show is being allowed to run. Especially because the qualities being romanticized are bulbul’s naïveté “purity”  and innocence. Even though veer might not know she is a child, their relationship is not one of equality and the characteristics about her that he falls in “love” with are those that denote her nature as that of a child/young adult. He is absolutely grooming her bc she is learning everything about how to exist as an adult through him. it’s another thing altogether that so many sheltered women are in this way groomed to the men they’re married off to young, but for this show to KNOWINGLY platform and romanticize a relationship between a minor and an adult — for them to show romantic scenes between them full of typical itv “desire” between two partners — is absolutely outrageous. this show needs to be shut down ASAP.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: elaichai

you’re absolutely correct I’m truly shocked that this show is being allowed to run. Especially because the qualities being romanticized are bulbul’s naïveté “purity”  and innocence. Even though veer might not know she is a child, their relationship is not one of equality and the characteristics about her that he falls in “love” with are those that denote her nature as that of a child/young adult. He is absolutely grooming her bc she is learning everything about how to exist as an adult through him. it’s another thing altogether that so many sheltered women are in this way groomed to the men they’re married off to young, but for this show to KNOWINGLY platform and romanticize a relationship between a minor and an adult — for them to show romantic scenes between them full of typical itv “desire” between two partners — is absolutely outrageous. this show needs to be shut down ASAP.

This show is blatant sexualisation of minors, and  the producers AND Viacom India need to be booked under strictest of charges because it is vile.

Blueeeee thumbnail

The actress is 15? Where are her effing parents? Negligence ka case hona chahiye unn par because wtf. How do you let your literal child waste her time normalising child marriage and grooming? For money? 10th ke exams ke liye padhna chahiye iss bacchi ko.

Just utterly despicable.

Look y'all I found shittier parents than Sumbul's dad

Cjosh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Concept is not first time this is third remake…

Started with Balika badhu …1 and 2 they were

literally kid at that time but in this she’s 17 and half

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cjosh

Concept is not first time this is third remake…

Started with Balika badhu …1 and 2 they were

literally kid at that time but in this she’s 17 and half

Balika Vadhu mein two kids were playing a couple who obviously and rightfully did not understand the gravity of marriage. That was the whole point of the show. When Jagya and Anandi hit teens, they were separated. Avika was never sexualised on the show. JagAn were not the endgame. Even then, I'd argue that kids should not be cast in these traumatic roles.

It is concerning that you do not think that a 17½ y/o is also "literally kid" when they, indeed, legally, mentally, physically are "literally kid". 17½ y/o shouldn't be married at all. Especially not to a person in their 20s/30s. Literal child marriage. 17½ y/o should be in school getting high school crushes at best. 

It is even more concerning that no one in the fandom is disturbed by a literal 15 y/o child being made to play the romantic interest of a 27 y/o adult.

Cjosh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Marriage age is 18 in India they’re not in relationship yet. After six months she’ll be 18…acting is her decision nobody forcing her.Let her parents decide..who are we

to judge..😍 on these topic already have 2 remake this is the third..😍they all are underage.should’ve watched Crime petrol…

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cjosh

Marriage age is 18 in India they’re not in relationship yet. After six months she’ll be 18…acting is her decision nobody forcing her.Let her parents decide..who are we

to judge..😍 on these topic already have 2 remake this is the third..😍they all are underage.should’ve watched Crime petrol…

Wtf dude. You are literally illustrating grooming and then adding heart eyes to it? This is so disturbing.

Many predators justify their predatory behaviour by such bìn-sar-pair ki baatein. The character is a child, she should not be in a romantic equation with an adult. Period. 

Sex or lack thereof is irrelevant to the fact that this show is romanticising something which is legally and morally heinous.

And yeah the actor's parents are deciding for her but sexualisation of children is a criminal act and they are complicit in it. They are the ones drawing money from their underage child's exploitation. I can call them out as I see fit.