JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Gโ€™day ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ  

Iโ€™m currently watching a Chinese tv show on netflix called โ€˜Amidst a Snowstorm of Loveโ€™ and have been hugging my pillow, kicking my legs in the air and giggling over their romantic scenes. Last night I rewatched the KBC version of Pride and Prejudice (1995) for the 100th time, and found myself hugging my pillow, giggling and kicking the air over Mr Darcy because itโ€™s THE LAW. 

So while I was watching the show, I browsed the forum and saw Mintyโ€™s topic about us being obsessed with good looks. I definitely agree, as I refuse to watch a romantic show or movie if I donโ€™t find the lead appealing, especially the hero. God knows, Iโ€™m not going to be giggling, hugging my pillow or kicking the air watching Abhishek romance anyone. Fuck that. 

Then I realised, thereโ€™s a lot of things apart from looks that can determine whether Iโ€™ll continue watching a movie/tv show or even read a book. Iโ€™m strictly referring to romantic themes when I ask this question: 

๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ค๐™›๐™› ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™– ๐™›๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ก ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง (๐™š๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š) ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ช๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™˜๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ?

Iโ€™ll begin with my icks and hopefully you guys can add some of your own. NO JUDGEMENTS ALLOWED. ๐Ÿฅน 

• If the hero loses a fight, heโ€™s lost me as well. 
  • If the hero is your typical vanilla nice guy.
  • Hero must be a rich and powerful CEO. I donโ€™t want to watch or read about a humble man with a humble job, barely making ends meet. Heroine can be poor, because I must be able to relate to her LMAO. 
  • If the heroine has a mushroom hair cut or bob 
  • If the hero has a social media account then heโ€™s not CEO-busy enough for my liking. 
  • If the hero poses with the heroine and makes a peace sign. Lmfao. ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ 
  • If the heroine is just too unnecessarily loud and itโ€™s not cute (Zoya from Qubool Hai or Hande in Ask Latfan Anlamaz). 
  • If the heroine keeps snapping at the hero every two seconds (Kripa from KYPH, Kashish from KTH, Prena from KZK). 
  • If the hero is a bystander and watches heroine get bullied without turning into the avenging hulk. 
  • If the hero prances in micro-mini shorts following the heroine and singing meri khayalon ki malika. 
  • If the hero wears rings on his fingers or any jewellery, especially gold. (Major exception would be an earring coz I find that hot). 
  • If the hero is bald or blonde.
  • If the heroine has quivering lips and voice laced with desire every time she speaks.
  • If I can see a film of saliva on the corner of either heroine or heroโ€™s lips whenever they speak.
  • If the hero or heroine moves on with another character after one of them dies. Iโ€™m sorry but no, you die with him/her. No one is allowed to move on. Major exception is Babul because one cannot simply reject John Abraham. 
  • If the heroine or hero is torn between two love interests. Major ew. I need tum meri ho, sirf meri ho vibes. 
  • Finally if the hero dances like below (1:39, 2:30-2:39, 3:44-3:56, 5:02-5:10). 

https://youtu.be/HJIRktKAahU?si=bS8sJEjEIMSHUPtw 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

NOW YOUR TURN 

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hilarious as usual ..smiley37

Thank you so so so much for this thread, which filled my appetite for laughter smiley41

Will get back to you on this, once I finish hahaha session..smiley36

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Strangers02

Hilarious as usual ..smiley37

Thank you so so so much for this thread, which filled my appetite for laughter smiley41

Will get back to you on this, once I finish hahaha session..smiley36

My list is endless but I had to leave some out before this thread became an echo chamber of just my icks. Iโ€™m sorry but I have to add the following because itโ€™s too important.  

• If the heroine is convinced sheโ€™s being haunted by a ghost but the hero doesnโ€™t believe her until her bloody ass gets possessed and she starts eating cats raw. Instant divorce. 

Edited by JayaBachan - 1 months ago
FireFli thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't watch much of dramas but I read wattpad stories and their physical appearance is left to my imagination and I like it that way . These things below are the ones I can't stand in my entertainment. 

1.  FL lusting over ML like a brainless hormonal teenager . It's a general trope in wattpad stories and I don't touch them with ten-foot pole.

2. ML treating FL like one of his conquests. Duh It's a fantasy and not real life, atleast there I demand special treatment for the woman in question. 

3. ML going around on killing rampage and FL forgiving him because he got a sad story ๐Ÿ˜”. Nope girl, you can't go around singing, mama I'm in love with a criminal. ( Seems like Vanga saap's "Animal" is a consequence of him reading too many wattpad stories.)

4. FL having a personality of a cardboard. A Little sense of humor from the woman is welcome.

5. FL being the other woman. 

I am a simple person with simple requirements. ๐Ÿ˜Œ 

Strangers02 thumbnail

I just revisited my teenage self, when i crushed many tv shows pairs & had issue with everything ๐Ÿคญ

• Lead actor or actress leaving the show just before romance track about to start(Karam Apna apna)
  • If my favourite jodi not getting along offscreen & refuse to give joint interviews or perform at award shows.
  •  I am fine the if the hero behaves rudely with whole world, but when he is with his mother he has to be sweetheart (Sujal). If not i am not watching.
  • Overdose of trip & fall session, where lead actors look bored or disinterested. 
  • Good looking actors but zero sexual tension is Big no..
  • Unkept face & sar wala hair, mumbling dialogues is major turn off..( ASR)
  • When they don't speak up when time comes..
  • Thanda SR.. No..i am not asking for explicit scenes, emran Hashmi type chummaa chamati bhi nahi, but little bit of romance doesn't hurt right..๐Ÿฅฒ 
  • When they repeat same clothes even after marrying rich tycoon (Khushi) In RL I may repeat clothes, but I love it when lead heroine is wearing beautiful saree. I love it even more when lead hero is looking at her as if she is the most beautiful women in the world. If not, then end the show ๐Ÿคญ

PS. Whatever you guys have read till now are my teenage shallow self. Now I wear maturity ka chola ๐Ÿ˜Š

Strangers02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayaBachan

My list is endless but I had to leave some out before this thread became an echo chamber of just my icks. Iโ€™m sorry but I have to add the following because itโ€™s too important.  

• If the heroine is convinced sheโ€™s being haunted by a ghost but the hero doesnโ€™t believe her until her bloody ass gets possessed and she starts eating cats raw. Instant divorce. 

Please add more.. enjoyed reading..๐Ÿ˜…

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Changing the story of the drama annoys me the most 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Whenever the character is not played by Alia Bhatt, itโ€™s an ick for me. Why would you have anyone else do the role when you can have Alia do it? 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Fortunately you didn't tag me so I'm not bound to tell my ICKS smiley36