mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

I feel that Hrithik Roshan possesses the talent to handle a wide range of roles and that filmmakers could explore more diverse and challenging characters for him. He has the potential to excel in unconventional or complex roles that showcase his acting abilities beyond the typical hero archetype.

But apart from Guzaarish and Vikram Vedha and of course his first film, he has underutilized I feel. Filmamkers seem too caught up in his looks and abs and can't seem to step beyond these.

He is a phenomenal actor and deserves more.

What do you guys think?smiley27

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I agree. But isn’t it more of his lack of confidence in his talent. Who is stopping him from pursuing difficult scripts? But mostly such scripts are made by small filmmakers. Big filmakers only work on formulaic movies these days.  I think off late most A listers have stopped experimenting. They just don’t wanna add any flop to their list of movies as that will hamper their stardom and the humungous fees they charge which is only justified for the 4-5 of them we have in Bollywood. SRK, Salman, Akshay , Hrithik all are doing template movies only.  I doubt in future we’ll ever see any of these experimenting in roles like a Vicky Kaushal or a Varun dhawan is doing.. May be because they have to stand up to the name of their stardom.

Hrithik next 2 are also action movies. I would love to see him do a historical again or do an out and out romance drama. But alas! 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I thik Ranbir and Ranveer are the only A-list stars who are experimenting.

Ranbir did a whole lot of movies before Animal like Tamasha, Brafi, and Rockstar for instance which were experimental in nature.

Ranveer did a GullyBoy and Jayeshbhai Jordar which were highly experimental in nature.

I think millneiaal actors are more experimental in nature.

DushtKanya thumbnail

He is phenomenal indeed. Even in a not-so-performance-based movie like Fighter, he brought such beautifully subtle nuances to Shammi, for example in that scene when he tells Deepika to get over him because he's broken and tends to hurt people who love him (his face after she says "okay" 🥺), or when Anil is yelling at him after the whole Taj/Bash thing happened. And that scene with Sanjeeda in the cemetery my god <3

And it's also indeed sad that his looks and especially dancing tend to overshadow everything he brings to the table as an actor at times, and it makes me feel bad because he always works extremely hard.

Tbh even I needed to watch Fighter multiple times, because the first time I was blown away by how gorgeous he looked in the movie (used to not be a big fan of his clean-shaven look but that changed completely after Fighter) smiley43

But yeah I feel like more people have started recognizing his talent especially post Kaabil. The one problem is that he admittedly does not have enough ambition and signs too less movies. And while I get where the actor-star line being drawn comes from, sometimes he thinks too much about it. I'm sure he gets scripts. He simply needs to sign what he loves.

Edited by DushtKanya - 2 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

It is not about the makers but hrithik. He said if a movie does not interest him, he will not sign the movie anymore. He does not care about number position anymore neither awards.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
NoraSM thumbnail

Blame Aamir Khan and Salman Khan for popularizing 100cr 200cr and so many cr club, these people have limited movies to their box office numbers which is why big stars are refraining from doing something different 

Edited by NoraSM - 2 months ago
RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

They are underutilizing anyone related to Sunny Deol. Film hit karna hai toh Sunny, Dharam, Bobby, ya Dimple ko daal do film sureshot hit. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

If he did more than 1 movie every few years, then atleast you could blame filmmakers for underutilizing him. The blame lies completely with HR here, sorry (if he is really being underutilized)

He takes a million years to pick his next script - plenty of time to weed out the scripts which do not utilize his potential

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

No .. Bollywood itself lacks creativity and talent when it comes to both writing characters and film making. They suck up to one genre for 5 years unless audiences are bored.

Hrithik takes time to pick scripts only because whatever scripts are there isn’t exciting or remotely challenging for an actor. The other reason is his health issues, now one can’t die to make multiple movies a year, so I think he’s fine with what he’s doing, Fighter was an excellent watch and so was Vikram Vedha I don’t see why everyone thinks these two movies didn’t work out, VV flopped but gave him one of the best performances in his career. 

As a fan I’m happy with his choices, he’s not chasing 500 crs and doing mindless films nor is he completely avoiding potboilers and doing character oriented films, instead he found a balance, he delivered Anand and Kabir the same time while he did Vedha and Shamsher, that’s what credibility and talent can do. Box office will come and go, look at srk and salman now, a year ago Salman fans mocked srk and now SRK regained the throne and Salman struggled to even move his body, so that shows box office is temporary as long as the craft is good, you’ll be there. 

I just hope he has something amazing coming up after War 2