Criticiser thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

In the serial Saath Nibhaana Saathiya there was a character named Durga Devi who was the Mother In Law of Gopi Bahu’s daughter Vidya and the Sautan of her elder daughter Meera.

Durga Devi was a doormat who was humiliated and abused by her toxic Saas and Husband for many years and treated like a maid (just like MAA) Her son was her only support (just like Samar) but he was young and hence had no say and I guess her Sasur was another nikama just like Dukhmukh.

Post her son’s marriage, she returns back to her toxic in laws after 10 years (she either fled or her Saas kicked her out) Subsequently, her husband had remarried (her Bahu’s sister) and so she therefore became the unpaid maid for her toxic Saas, Husband and Sautan. 

Her supportive son and bahu persuaded her many times to leave the hellhole but she would refuse many times stating that she loves her husband and loves providing free service to him and his unpaid maid (just like MAA to Mishter Shah)

In short the character of Anupama Shah is a copy of Durga Suryavanshi from Saathiya. In fact the whole show is a copy, Gaura Suryavanshi is similar to Leela expect she was way more villainous and her son Dharam Suryavanshi was just like Vanraj at the beginning but later changed into a good man permanently (unlike Vanraj who keeps flipping) same with his wife Meera was negative but then turned positive like Kavya.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dee-Dee thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

You have citied so many similarities between the two shows couple of times now.

Basically Mishter Shah(i) has nothing original to show, wo apni alag hi ‘Khichdi’ bana rahe, thoda sa Daya aur Jethalal dala, thodi si Englis Vinglis, Thodi si Hansa, bohot bohot bohot sara SNS and ban gayi Anupamaaaaa…😂

I am sure he wants to rename the show to Khichdi but since there has already been one iconic show on that name he cannot do that.

Why not name it as “Saath Mat Nibhana Anupamaa”

Edited by Dee-Dee - 2 months ago
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dee-Dee

You have citied so many similarities between the two shows couple of times now.

Basically Mishter Shah(i) has nothing original to show, wo apni alag hi ‘Khichdi’ bana rahe, thoda sa Daya aur Jethalal dala, thodi si Englis Vinglis, Thodi si Hansa, bohot bohot bohot sara SNS and ban gayi Anupamaaaaa…😂

I am sure he wants to rename the show to Khichdi but since there has already been one iconic show on that name he cannot do that.

Why not name it as “Saath Mat Nibhana Anupamaa

Abhi Amrican Khichri bol sakte hain??

smiley37Such Apt Title

Historia thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Isn't anupama show is about anupamaa and not shahs smiley29