Is anyone watching the show?

kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

I see hardly anyone commenting about the show. What's happening?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Starship1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Criticiser thumbnail

No itโ€™s another toxic show with zillat, a bechari, lacchar anath FL, a spineless, cheater ML and a toxic family!

Basically Imlie and Ghum combined!

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Its similar to gudse meetha  ishq.right?

Originally posted by: Criticiser

No itโ€™s another toxic show with zillat, a bechari, lacchar anath FL, a spineless, cheater ML and a toxic family!

Basically Imlie and Ghum combined!

Criticiser thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

Yes itโ€™s similar to that but way more toxic like Ghum etc

jasminerahul thumbnail

Have you seen gudse?

Originally posted by: Criticiser

Yes itโ€™s similar to that but way more toxic like Ghum etc

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

The basic plot is similar but IMHO, Gud Se Meetha Ishq has been the only show for as long as I can remember which has done full justice to the Pahadi Girl - Shaheri Boy trope.

On the surface Jhanak is educated and stronger than Kajal but what a lot of people miss is that Kajal was strong on her own accord and when it hurt her self-esteem, she even confronted Neel. Whereas Neel was truthful about everything from the beginning. It made sense why Kajal fell in love with him and why he took such a drastic step to save her life.

Imlie/Ghum or even Jhanak tries to portray very strong female characters on the paper but the truth is their male counterparts in every aforementioned serial were lying, did not take accountability for their actions and blamed the poor girls for everything.

Anirudh seems better that way but even he is lying to everyone and no, Arshi being a negative character doesn't automatically omit his wrongs. 

I don't think any strong, self-respecting woman would ever fall in love with such partner.

In fact, Jol Nupur - which is the actual Original show, even there Kajal left Neel at the end and focused on her dancing career because she got tired of his bullshit.

I'm apologizing in advance if my reply seems intruding considering you were asking another member.

But I openly admit I have been a huge fan of GSMI and accept that it had a lot of problems but when it came to the lead couple, that show undoubtedly gave one onscreen couple worth rooting for who were not toxic and genuinely good, caring people minus the double standards.

jasminerahul thumbnail

I have seen only a few scenes of gud se.i really loved the couple.In gudse the ML tokd the truth to his gf.right?how did he break up with his gf and fall in love with the FL?

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

The basic plot is similar but IMHO, Gud Se Meetha Ishq has been the only show for as long as I can remember which has done full justice to the Pahadi Girl - Shaheri Boy trope.

On the surface Jhanak is educated and stronger than Kajal but what a lot of people miss is that Kajal was strong on her own accord and when it hurt her self-esteem, she even confronted Neel. Whereas Neel was truthful about everything from the beginning. It made sense why Kajal fell in love with him and why he took such a drastic step to save her life.

Imlie/Ghum or even Jhanak tries to portray very strong female characters on the paper but the truth is their male counterparts in every aforementioned serial were lying, did not take accountability for their actions and blamed the poor girls for everything.

Anirudh seems better that way but even he is lying to everyone and no, Arshi being a negative character doesn't automatically omit his wrongs. 

I don't think any strong, self-respecting woman would ever fall in love with such partner.

In fact, Jol Nupur - which is the actual Original show, even there Kajal left Neel at the end and focused on her dancing career because she got tired of his bullshit.

I'm apologizing in advance if my reply seems intruding considering you were asking another member.

But I openly admit I have been a huge fan of GSMI and accept that it had a lot of problems but when it came to the lead couple, that show undoubtedly gave one onscreen couple worth rooting for who were not toxic and genuinely good, caring people minus the double standards.

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I have seen only a few scenes of gud se.i really loved the couple.In gudse the ML tokd the truth to his gf.right?how did he break up with his gf and fall in love with the FL?

Yes, Neel told the truth to Pavitra (GF). In fact, before he went to save Kajal, he called Pavitra first and said he might have to do something drastic knowing their prejudice and Pavitra gave him her blessings. This was all revealed in a conversation later.

But afterwards, when Neel brought Kajal home, his parents and sister in law continuously plotted against Kajal and it was because of their too much interference that Neel always stood beside Kajal which ignited the spark between them further.

His respect for Kajal grew more specially when she tried to save Neel's specially abled sister Pari from a fraud.

But all these led to Pavitra becoming jealous. Neel tried his best to assuage her fear but eventually got tired when he saw Pavitra would rather believe his sister in law but not him. Subconsciously he got too attached with Kajal but consciously and ethically he felt responsible for Pavitra. In his confused state, he kind of expected Kajal to say something but she also pointed out that Neel had planned a future with Pavitra before she came into the picture. In the meantime Pavitra attempted suicide. So Neel was about to marry her.

On his wedding day, Kajal's mom arrived and she blamed Neel for ruining her life after verbally character assassinating him. Enraged, Neel put sindoor on Kajal's maang again and later burst at her for faking her greatness and then inviting her mother to insult him.

That's when Kajal finally lost her cool and confronted him for hurting her and questioning her loyalty when he himself couldn't decide for himself.

Just as she was about to leave, Neel realized he couldn't live without her and embraced her, promising her a lifetime of happiness and togetherness. โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

As for Pavitra, she kept plotting and Neel didn't pay any heed to her until one day, she jeopardized a huge opportunity for Neel and put the blame on Kajal. Even though Neel didn't mean it, in the spur of the moment he ended up saying he regretted marrying Kajal. So when Pavitra's father asked Kajal to choose between Neel and his bright future, she stepped away, feeling she was a burden after all.

But she didn't know, Neel regretted his outburst immediately and came to apologize when he found Pavitra in his room and finally lost his calm. He told her clearly that he would rather be alone but never accept another girl in Kajal's place. He also showed her a mirror that no one should stoop so low for someone they claim to love.

Later, he went to Kajal's house, apologized profusely and they reunited. Kajal got a job as a dance teacher and Neel continued photography. They made an arrangement so that they could live 6 months in Delhi with Neel's parents and 6 months in Uttarakhand where Kaju got her job offer.

Thus they lived happily ever after... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

jasminerahul thumbnail

Thanks a lot.I always wanted to know its full story.

Originally posted by: Nush_Rat

Yes, Neel told the truth to Pavitra (GF). In fact, before he went to save Kajal, he called Pavitra first and said he might have to do something drastic knowing their prejudice and Pavitra gave him her blessings. This was all revealed in a conversation later.

But afterwards, when Neel brought Kajal home, his parents and sister in law continuously plotted against Kajal and it was because of their too much interference that Neel always stood beside Kajal which ignited the spark between them further.

His respect for Kajal grew more specially when she tried to save Neel's specially abled sister Pari from a fraud.

But all these led to Pavitra becoming jealous. Neel tried his best to assuage her fear but eventually got tired when he saw Pavitra would rather believe his sister in law but not him. Subconsciously he got too attached with Kajal but consciously and ethically he felt responsible for Pavitra. In his confused state, he kind of expected Kajal to say something but she also pointed out that Neel had planned a future with Pavitra before she came into the picture. In the meantime Pavitra attempted suicide. So Neel was about to marry her.

On his wedding day, Kajal's mom arrived and she blamed Neel for ruining her life after verbally character assassinating him. Enraged, Neel put sindoor on Kajal's maang again and later burst at her for faking her greatness and then inviting her mother to insult him.

That's when Kajal finally lost her cool and confronted him for hurting her and questioning her loyalty when he himself couldn't decide for himself.

Just as she was about to leave, Neel realized he couldn't live without her and embraced her, promising her a lifetime of happiness and togetherness. โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

As for Pavitra, she kept plotting and Neel didn't pay any heed to her until one day, she jeopardized a huge opportunity for Neel and put the blame on Kajal. Even though Neel didn't mean it, in the spur of the moment he ended up saying he regretted marrying Kajal. So when Pavitra's father asked Kajal to choose between Neel and his bright future, she stepped away, feeling she was a burden after all.

But she didn't know, Neel regretted his outburst immediately and came to apologize when he found Pavitra in his room and finally lost his calm. He told her clearly that he would rather be alone but never accept another girl in Kajal's place. He also showed her a mirror that no one should stoop so low for someone they claim to love.

Later, he went to Kajal's house, apologized profusely and they reunited. Kajal got a job as a dance teacher and Neel continued photography. They made an arrangement so that they could live 6 months in Delhi with Neel's parents and 6 months in Uttarakhand where Kaju got her job offer.

Thus they lived happily ever after... ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™