Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

Aamir Khan having a 2024 release!!!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

He is getting desperate now. The sequel route is what all washed-up actors resort to.

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

He is getting desperate now. The sequel route is what all washed-up actors resort to.

I don't think he's desperate. He is planning very carefully. On the production front, his film slate is incredibly strong (like shockingly so - I won't be shocked if he pivots to full of promoting how good his films are to gain further goodwill with the public). Unless he flubs it up like his directing with Thugs I doubt it will fail. 

The thing is he is very superstitious. He wants to get married to Fatima. But he refuses to do so after a flop because public image will crash even more. He is doing SZP as a spiritual sequel because he knows it can catch a chord with the audience if done well, and then he can get married. That's why she has gone 'missing' to make the public forget her. 

He is planning to reintroduce many character actresses and actors too. Sarika has work thanks to him, through Ira. Junaid and Sai's pairing will bring eyes to their movie despite the numerous controversies he will get into with Maharaja. 

Basically, he's in his Dev Anand era.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

I don't think he's desperate. He is planning very carefully. On the production front, his film slate is incredibly strong (like shockingly so - I won't be shocked if he pivots to full of promoting how good his films are to gain further goodwill with the public). Unless he flubs it up like his directing with Thugs I doubt it will fail. 

The thing is he is very superstitious. He wants to get married to Fatima. But he refuses to do so after a flop because public image will crash even more. He is doing SZP as a spiritual sequel because he knows it can catch a chord with the audience if done well, and then he can get married. That's why she has gone 'missing' to make the public forget her. 

He is planning to reintroduce many character actresses and actors too. Sarika has work thanks to him, through Ira. Junaid and Sai's pairing will bring eyes to their movie despite the numerous controversies he will get into with Maharaja. 

Basically, he's in his Dev Anand era.

But doesn't that prove that he is desperate here, in order to get married? He needs a hit to be able to do so and ward off negative attention after the disaster that was LSC. A commercial flop is one thing but he didn't even score good reviews for his acting. SZP is his hopes of capturing the goodwill of the audience again to make up for the bad taste of LSC and earn back that audience goodwill so he can get married. Especially since he knows there is no public demand for him and Fatima as a couple especially after two failed marriages on his part.